CSM Bakery Solutions
Job Title: Product Development Manager Bread (EU) m/f
The Product Development Manager will actively pursue opportunities in both NPD and EPD in bakery ingredient products using scientific, creative and industry expertise. From both internal and external briefs you will develop and successfully launch new product concepts. You will continually strive for improvements on existing ranges and actively drive these changes.
You will drive innovation that supports growth plans by keeping up to date with market leading ingredients, processes and packaging, ensuring that the launch process is used across all accounts and products. Provide new product concepts in response to signed off internal & external briefs – on time and to the agreed costs and of quality. You will liaise with internal stakeholders, account managers, process, technical and ops to ensure that all these departments are engaged in the process. You will seek creative process solutions within the existing manufacturing methods, working with the process and operational teams.
The Product Development Manager leads a team of 4 Master Bakers.
- Manage your NPD & EPD projects from concept through to successful on-time in full (OTIF) launch of said projects.
- Work closely with customers in the development of innovative products, additionally you will; Develop and maintain strong relationships with our customers.
- Support the account managers by assisting with and attending product presentations and making samples as requested by the project owner.
- Jointly manage customer visits with the project owner.
- Work closely with the Marketing department on latest trends, ingredients and packaging.
- Work closely with the process and ops teams to ensure understanding of the company’s manufacturing capabilities.
- Understand how recipe and process impact on costs and communicate changes.
- Strive to continually improve products within customer base.
- You are familiar with the usual raw materials of baking agents and their different applications very well.
- Ensure trending knowledge is up to date market research and finding new ideas for packaging and mainly ingredients. You will liaise with internal and external ingredient suppliers to improve your knowledge and awareness in the ingredient market.
- Ensure all databases (ie Zeus, costings database and administration is up to date, accurate and complete.
- Time management skills, support other team members and ensure cover account coverage during absence.
- Be a role model for colleagues to improve team performance.
- Continuous professional development in the technical and baking arena.
- Maintain and develop optimum health and safety, hygiene and QA practices within the bakery. Ensure good levels of GMP at all times, thus making sure that the bakery area meets all technical requirements of the business, including BRC standards.
Required Skills & Expertise
- Master Baker or degree in Food Science , Bakery Science or Chemistry (or equivalent).
- Product development experience, preferably in bread.
- Education as a baker is preferred, but not essential.
- Customer facing experience is an advantage.
- Good planning, organization and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and with a high degree of initiative
- Experience as a line manager is an advantage (4 direct reports – Master bakers)
- A Genuine interests in food
- Computer skills – Word, Powerpoint, Excel, SAP experience (is a prerequisite)
- A good working knowledge of HACCP principles
- Fluent English in written and spoken
CSM Bakery Solutions is an international leader in the baking industry, producing one of the industry’s broadest ranges of products for customers in more than 100 countries. CSM is dedicated to developing and providing solutions that drive customer growth and success. We offer a broad, innovative portfolio of premium quality bakery ingredients, finished products and services for retail and foodservice markets as well as artisan and industrial bakeries.
Our goal is to ensure that our customers are better equipped to delight their customers. That’s why CSM connects ingredients and expertise, providing many of the industry’s most trusted brands, including BakeMark, Ulmer Spatz, Meister Marken, Molco, Waldkorn, Westco and more.
CSM connects bakeries and businesspeople with an international presence that includes 34 manufacturing facilities, 27 Product Development Centers, 26 distribution centers, four innovation centers of excellence and more than 8,500 employees. In Europe we have offices in Germany, France, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Poland and Hungary.
At CSM Bakery Solutions, we are EXPERTS who care, CHAMPION of quality and safety, and CREATORS of moments that matter delivering solutions that delight.