Job Title: Process Engineering Manager m/f
In this role you will be developing and leading systems and process control methodology to drive continuous improvement in the factory. You are the contact point for Innovation (R&D) for capability assessment and product commercialization and next to this the gatekeeper of hand-over of clear product and process specifications for transfer to quality and production.
You liaise with Capex engineering and R&D to define production capabilities gaps and propose future technology enhancements and assist commissioning of new equipment’s. You lead the Supply Chain Excellence program.
You will be the champion of change implementation in the plant and the champion in problem solving in the Supply Chain. This role has three direct reports (2x Process Engineers, 1x continuous improvement engineer).
Engineering: Capability assessment & technology enhancements
• Assesses capabilities and define gaps
• Proposes Engineering Key CAPEX technology enhancement projects
• Assists the installation, testing, Factory Acceptance Trial (FAT), accountable for operational qualification, support Site Acceptance Trial (SAT) of new equipment and machinery
• Supports the commissioning and qualification of new machinery
• Provides specific SPC, 6 sigmas expertise to Capex engineering
• Be production representative at NPD session in line with NPD gates process
• Works in close collaboration with R&D
• Plays important role with R&D, Quality and Production to optimize product quality, equipment capability and cost to serve at industrial scale by being involved from trials phase
• Manages the start-up and first production follow-up
– Organises the handover from R&D towards production
– Organises and verifies the final check and validation of the instructions before first production
– Follows the first production in accordance with R&D and initiate changes when needed
– Provides a final update of the production instructions and master data after a satisfactory number of production runs
– Validate BOM in PLM and DDF
• Defines standards for output & scrap of new products, and ensure change management if needed
• Measures CPk in collaboration with quality control, assess variability, challenges targeted specifications with SPC methodology for new products
• Installs and supervises the maintenance of systems to perform documented design-reviews at each stage in the Operations part of the NPD process
• Guarantees that no production can start without having passed all the stages with a positive advice out of the design-reviews, resulting in all the required documents, certificates, approved art-works, line-sheets, etc.
• Be champion in Excellence management in dimension of process control, continuous improvement and standardization
• Defines and implements process control systems including SPC and centre-lining systems assuring the process works at the optimum level, to the right engineered rate and quality of output
• Defines the process control strategy plan and establish production processes key target process parameters and ensures the implementation of these parameters
• Oversees creation of instructions to ensure follow-up of the target values
• Evaluates the (statistical if possible) capabilities of production processes
• Puts in place processes with the goal to decrease variations and fluctuations in the production process (improved CPk)
• Standardizes the entire operations instructions and centralizes and manages the line forms database
• Is responsible for establishing and maintaining a structure within the production to guarantee a continuous improvement in the production processes.
• Analyses the production processes and come with solutions to improve the efficiencies and scrap rates.
• Has a joined responsibility with Maintenance manager and the production leaders on the production losses in general (product scrap, rework, labour cost) that are above the defined standards.
• Challenges these remaining ‘standard’ losses on a continuous basis and establish processes to sustain the improvements
Supply Chain Excellence program
• Establish meaningful metrics, track CI performance and ensure alignment within their respective value stream. Use and teach effective problem-solving skills and techniques to resolve gaps. Responsible for the knowledge transfer of Policy Deployment, Performance Management, Problem Solving, and other CI tools to constituents/customers.
• Direct management of CI team assigned to the respective value stream. This includes setting direction, managing and measuring performance, and ongoing coaching and development of team members.
• Diagnose the value stream to expose maximum potential value over the strategic plan.
• Work with constituents/customers to design common work standards and systems, and other elements of superior manufacturing practices, to aid in improvement and best practice sharing throughout the value stream/across value streams.
• Diagnose and evaluate performance (cost, quality, delivery, safety & morale) challenges stemming from demand management and forecasting, inventory management, capacity and production planning, and production process design and execution.
• Develop and implement solutions based on Lean Production system design and transformation principles, tools and techniques including Six Sigma.
• Stretch the organization by creating a learning environment/culture, problem solving, envisioning the future state condition, and leading towards fulfillment.
• Ensure CI culture preservation.
• Validate past continuous improvement projects for sustainability, as well as, assist with validation of existing policies, procedures, and work instructions.
• Train and coach personnel in these and other capabilities.
- Engineering degree in Production, Chemistry or Food Sciences (or equivalent)
- Experience in process engineering and in manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Demonstrated capability in people management in an organization of minimum 2 direct reports
- Knowledge of food production processes (or similar), SHE systems, quality systems
- Knowledge of chocolate production is an advantage but not essential.
- 5+ years’ experience implementing change using Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methods and practices preferred.
- Certificate preferred: Six Sigma / Lean Green Belt
- Experience leading change, and effectively managing teams to reach goals
- Knowledge in NPI stage process and industrialization protocoles
- Knowledge in FAT/SAT/ equipment qualification process
- Strong experience in change management
- French and English (Dutch would be an advantage but not essential).
- Superior analytical skills and professionalism: Rigorous, precise and reliable in data analysis and reporting as well as in respect of procedure, rules and core values
- Problem solving: Demonstrated capability for problem finding and problem solving and decision making with a win-win approach.
- Communication: Extravert, Superior communication skills including listening, verbal and written. Ability to lead cross-functional meetings, be persuasive and to drive decisions and actions
- People coaching and development: Recognized ability to develop people by effective communication and feedback, setting of clear responsibilities and objectives with individual evaluation and development plan
- Customer focus: Demonstrates service oriented attitude under all situations
- Process orientated: Recognizes importance and drives process compliance linked to sound understanding of all aspects of supply chain process. Ability to address problems conceptually, in process flow. Continuous improvement attitude
- Adaptability and Team working: Flexible, adjust readily to new situations while effectively dealing with ambiguity, stress and uncertainty. Demonstrated smooth interpersonal relationship.
- Multi-tasks and sense of urgency: Demonstrated ability to deal with multi-tasks with effective prioritization, planning and organization – stress resistance.
Godiva is a world market leader in delicious chocolate. We use fresh ingredients to create unique taste sensations, based on our craftsmanship and experience built up over many years. Our European head quarters and production facility is based in Brussels and we have a retail presence in Belgium, France, Germany and the UK.
Since its creation in 1926 in Brussels, Belgium, Godiva Chocolatier has become one of the most premium chocolate brands in the world. The first Godiva boutique outside of Belgium was opened in Paris, followed by openings in the United Kingdom, Germany, the USA, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, … Nowadays Godiva makes delicious chocolate with unparalleled smoothness and elegant designs and packaging available in over 80 countries around the world.
- Inspire – trust, teamwork & passion
- Embrace – fresh ideas, initiative & action
- Delight – customers
- Deliver – results