Job Title: Process Engineer m/f
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Process Engineer to support a multi-million investment at Kerry’s Glamsbjerg location and you will be reporting to the Plant Manager.
In this role you will be responsible for the leadership, control and reporting of the business’s process engineering programme (as defined), including feasibility, design, implementation and resourcing of projects, as well as procurement, vendor and services selection.
- Lead and manage multiple capital projects from inception through completion, developing detailed objectives and standards to meet project deadlines and deliverables, and ensuring that all budgetary guidelines are met:
- Develop and document facilities/equipment specifications and utility requirements;
- Work closely with wider design team to ensure all business requirements are addressed;
- Determine facility and equipment layouts;
- Risk identification and resolution; opportunity and issues identification throughout the project life-cycle;
- Manage project related installation/construction/commissioning activities at sites to ensure local site, national and European standards around Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety, Supply Chain, Operations & Maintenance are met; and
- Develop and manage project budgets as required.
- Support development of business manufacturing / engineering strategy.
- Sourcing and management of suitable suppliers, and contractors efficiently and cost effectively.
- Input into the agreement and negotiation of future contracts
- Liaise with key stakeholders, both within the business and wider group
- Application of KDM (Kerry Delivery Method – Kerry’s project management methodology)
- Drive cross project knowledge on equipment/processes and responsible for best practice sharing and standardisation within and across businesses and region.
- You will be involved in multiple projects, so do expect some travel with this role.
- Responsible for design, project management and delivery of significant capital project;
- Support solutions in process and technology risk management;
- Reviews, redlines and updates Process and Product Flow Diagrams, Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams and specification for the installation of equipment to support the manufacturer of new products or to improve existing products and processes;
- Completes equipment design and specification and supports procurement in the tendering process;
- Support procurement in activities to standardise equipment, vendors to reduce overall capital expenditure;
- Ensure effective communication between engineering, manufacturing, quality, ops control, RD&A and other stakeholders in project delivery
Ideal Candidates will have the following background:
- Minimum Degree in Chemistry, Biotechnology, Food Technology/Science.
- 3+ years’ experience in a food manufacturing environment or chemical, biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experience of the design and specification for facilities, equipment and processes
- Knowledge of ISO Design & Drafting Standards within a design & manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of EC Directives relating to equipment and plant operations and safety
- Experience of main IT packages in use such as Word/Excel/MS Project/ACAD/SAP
- Budget management including feasibility and delivery
- Fluent in Danish and English
- Strong Project Management skills
- Team building and motivational
- Strong communication skills with presentation abilities
- Effective risk and issue management
- Detailed and analytical in approach
- Cost planning and control
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Manages own time to good effect
- Motivated and willingness to commit self to challenging objectives
Based in Glamsbjerg, Denmark, this plant of the Kerry Group is a leading supplier of dairy ingredients and flavourings to an extensive customer base in the savoury, convenience and snack food sectors throughout Europe and Asia.
Kerry Group today is a world leader in Taste & Nutrition serving the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries and a leading consumer foods processing and marketing organisation in selected EU markets. With sales to over 140 countries worldwide, the Kerry organisation has grown to become a highly successful public company, having achieved sustained profitable growth with current annualised sales in excess of €5.8 billion. Launched as a public company in 1986, the market capitalisation of the Group has grown to a current level of approximately €12 billion. Kerry Group now employs over 24,000 people throughout its worldwide activities and operations.
We supply over 15,000 food, food ingredients and flavour products to customers in more than 140 countries worldwide. Kerry prides itself on continuous innovation, technological creativity and business excellence in every area of the business, striving to enhance leadership positions in our consumer foods business and across global food and ingredients markets.