grapefruteglobe Kerry Group
Job Title: Plant Controller m/f
The Plant Controller’s principal role is to provide financial reporting for their Plant and provide financial support to the Plant Manager and business through finance business partnering. Works collaboratively with Plant Manager and the business to ensure costs are optimised and managed and implements plant finance best practices within their Plant. The Controller will report to the Plant Manager and manages 2 direct reports.
Key Role Activities
- Product/Process costing – ensuring that yields, labour and direct overhead standards reflect the true cost of manufacture. Working with the Plant, Business and Process teams to resolve any differences
- Provision of strategic analysis and decision support within Process Manufacturing for the site
- Provision of weekly detailed and top level KPI reports for the plant. Review of KPI data with operations to identify performance improvement opportunities.
- Stock management and reporting, including stock reconciliations and control of stock write-offs.
- General ledger reviews – review and control of postings to plant cost centres.
- Capital control – evaluate proposals, monitor spend, associated phasing and review with the Plant team to ensure projects are delivered within the approved value and agreed timeline.
- Liaising with internal & external project management teams in managing capital budgets and forecasts
- Budget cost preparation – working with the Plant team to establish a robust bottom up budget including documented profit improvement plans.
- Proposing and evaluating cost saving / profit enhancing, continuous improvement or system enhancement opportunities.
- Ad hoc projects/ reporting.
- In association with the plant manager and business team, ensure tight control of all plant costs by understanding the cost drivers and reporting on them.
- Provision of robust analysis and challenge of costs.
- Ensuring all reporting deadlines are met in a timely manner
Education / Qualifications
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- 3+ years’ experience within a manufacturing/operations accounting field.
- Knowledge of SAP (SRM and ECC) an advantage
- Experience in Supply chain / manufacturing environment an advantage
- Advanced Excel skills
- Analytical and numerate with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Key Success Factors:
- Business and Performance management
- Communication and Knowledge Sharing
- Drive and Determination
- Relationship Building
- Able to manage own work load, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- English & Danish language (written & spoken)
- Some experience managing other people would be an advantage
- Experience of influencing a team is essential
Kerry Group is a world leader in ingredients and flavours serving the food and beverage industry globally, and a leading supplier of added value brands and customer branded foods to the Irish and UK markets. We have annualised sales in excess of €5 billion and employ over 23,000 people globally. Founded in 1972 in Listowel, Co. Kerry, the Group has grown organically and through a series of strategic acquisitions and has succeeded in achieving sustained profitability.
We supply over 15,000 food, food ingredients and flavour products to customers in more than 140 countries worldwide. Our consumer foods portfolio continues to expand and includes some of Ireland and the UK’s most recognised brands such as Denny, Dairygold, Shaws, Dawn, Cheestrings, Galtee, Charleville, Golden Cow, Low Low and Wall’s.
Our goal is to delight and nourish consumers across the globe with products people enjoy and feel better about. We are proud to provide our customers with the expertise, insights and know-how they need to deliver products that people enjoy and feel better about consuming..
Kerry prides itself on continuous innovation, technological creativity and business excellence in every area of the business, striving to enhance leadership positions in our consumer foods business and across global food and ingredients markets.
In 2009 in recognition of our global success and contribution to the Irish and International business and competitive landscape, Kerry Group was voted the winner of the prestigious Business and Finance ‘Company of the Year’ award.
We are looking for people with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment to achieve and sustain this growth on a long-term basis. In return we offer stimulating and rewarding careers from employee to management to leadership levels in a global food organisation.