Job Title: Pilot Plant Manager - Lab Coordinator
- Manages the pilot plant & lab teams, supporting our Chocolate and Coatings & Fillings product lines.
- Manages the pilot and lab equipment in an efficient and effective way in order to provide with a responsive, professional and reliable service to our Technical Service Field activities with customers as well as to support our internal Iinnovation pipeline trials.
- Leads support execution from trial, preparation until evaluation, team management and handling of the equipment portfolio.
- Reports to the TS Excellence manager.
Your Principal Accountabilities:
- Leads the Pilot plant and lab team (9 employees) to generate a responsive, expert and agile team with an excellent team spirit.
- Leads the application specialist in realizing the intermediary or finished products proposed within our customer projects (solid shapes or simple applications),
- Leads the sampling coordinator to ensure that all our standard SKUs will be send to customers in due time and under the right conditions
- Leads the Application / Sensory / Sample support person
- Plans the availability of manpower, equipment and utilities and coordinates the trial activities in the pilot plant. Leads the pilot plant according the application needs and is responsible for adequate equipment portfolio, representing actual end relevant emerging technologies.
- Discusses and prepares with the trial requestor (Technical Services Support/ Technical Services Field, Process & Product DevelopmentPPD,, Raw Material specialist,…) the trial program, execution and value contribution, and supports the execution, follow-up and evaluation of the trials, efficiently, effectively and with staffed with the needed team expertise. Follow-up on the non conforming trials
- Ensures that there is a constant good and smooth communication between shifts
- Develops operator or process specializations within the team (raw mat collection, choc / coatings & fillings process, applications…)
- Manages the execution of program of the pilot plant and building projects
- Coordinate the good functioning of the pilot line: ensure the follow-up of our raw mat stock, storage of our developed and reference chocolates , ensure the housekeeping and cleaning , coordinate the maintenance of small material requirement,
- Will manage and follow up CAPEX decisions and maintenance with the local engineering and maintenance team and the equipment suppliers
- Will support the TS Excellence manager with updating the pilot plant investment plan
- Being the safety representative, and responsible for compliance with safety requirements for all activities in the pilot plant.
- Is also in charge of the labs, bringing best practices on clean lab environment and safety
- Link with the EHS manager to follow the good implementation of the different plant initiatives
- Link with the FSQR manager to follow the good implementation of the Food Safety procedures and requirements including the improvement points agreed after audits
- Link with the maintenance manager together with the Technical Services Excellence Manager in order to regularly review the simple and more complex requests for repair or improvement
- Supports the Technical Services Excellence Chocolate and Coatings & Fillings manager in increasing the visibility and relevance of the Pilot Plant by sharing, scheduling events & tours and communicating on our current and new capabilities to customers and other internal visitor
- Responsible for office management and introduction of new-comers
- Act also as Tour guide for key customers (internal and external) for the application centre for Vilvoorde bringing Customer experience perception or our applications capabilities.
- BSc in Food Technology, Chemistry or Engineering for example – Level 6 EQF
- Knowledge in chocolate processing and its related applications
- Know-how of the technologies applied in Chocolate and Coatings and Fillings Process Technology/ Pilot Plant/ Application Lab
- Minimum 7 years experience in related area
- Strong managerial, organizational and structuring (planning, coordination) skills
- People management, preferably with operator & lab management experience
- French as team language
- Fluent in English
- Pragmatic and open-minded
- Strong Communication
- Very structured in approach
- Good knowledge of the business and company organization
- Ability to collaborate with several technology groups and Bizz
- Clear safety/ food safety focus
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 155,000 people in 70 countries. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career.
Cargill Cocoa and Chocolate offers the food industry a wide range of both standard and customized cocoa and chocolate ingredients to be used in delicious bakery, confectionery and dairy applications all over the world. This with a team of 3,500 passionate cocoa and chocolate experts working in 47 locations. Together, we provide unique knowledge, insights and service across five continents, built on a foundation of 150 years of experience.