grapefruteglobe Bord Bia | Irish Food Board
Job Title: Market Specialist DACH region (Germany, Austria, Switzerland)
You will assist the Bord Bia Germany Manager in the development, implementation and measurement of Bord Bia’s services and activities in Germany, Austria and Switzerland in line with Bord Bia’s strategic pillars and sector strategies.
Key Organisational Relationships
Manager Bord Bia DACH region, Established Markets Manager, Director of Markets, Food & Beverage Sector Managers, Global Key Account Manager, Talent Development Manager, Director Strategic Planning Food & Beverage, Origin Green, Strategic Insights team and the Marketing and Communications team.
Key External Relationships
Irish clients (Irish food & drink manufacturers) and other Irish industry stakeholders (including the farming community), key local importers, distributors and customers, industry representative bodies, third party agencies and consultants, local trade media and key opinion leaders
- 1. To contribute to the development and annual review of Bord Bia’s strategy implementation plan in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- To deliver client services that are instrumental in the growth of Irish food and drink exports to Germany, Austria and Switzerland, in the key sectors defined in the local market strategy implementation plan, in line with Bord Bia corporate and sector strategies.
- To proactively build a network of German, Austrian and Swiss trade contacts in priority sectors across all channels and in various roles (notably buyers, innovation & marketing teams, CSR teams) within identified key accounts to increase the awareness of Ireland’s sustainable food and drink supply base and build the reputation of the Irish food industry with key buyers, importers and other stakeholders in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- To localise and implement effective communication tools in line with Bord Bia’s strategy to ensure optimum reach for Bord Bia’s trade messaging on industry capabilities and our unique sustainability credentials, and Bord Bia’s consumer messaging on our unique product attributes/production USPs in relevant priority sectors via local PR and trade/consumer media buying.
- To become a DACH region market insights expert, collating and disseminating relevant and timely market and sector information to client companies, and to share knowledge with colleagues in line with best practice set out by The Thinking House.
- Contribute to the development of Irish food and drink client companies’ local commercial marketing strategies & implementation plans in partnership with the sectors and insights teams.
- Help clients implement their plans, through building and managing relationships with the right internal & external stakeholders, whether it be sales teams, agency partners, buyers, merchandisers, distributors or media, as well as measuring their impact in order to correct & optimise them where needed.
- Set the standard for how clients should engage with their key accounts in Germany, actively fostering stronger commercially focused relationships between clients and the trade through key account management, mentoring and wider networking events, including local trade fairs and inward buyer visits.
- Become an expert in DACH region market insights in priority channels and sectors by attending local industry conferences, reading and analysing local industry trade journals, research and reports; and disseminating this information in line with the Thinking House best practice to grow categories exponentially in partnership with the Irish food and drink industry.
- Actively encourage Irish food and drink exporters to consider business opportunities in the DACH region by organising regular market study visits to the region.
- Proactively identify, meet and establish relationships with existing German, Austrian and Swiss customers for Irish food and drink products in priority sectors as well as seeking to grow the office’s network of key trade influencers (including media), channel partners and decision makers.
- Develop a panel of local trade experts who can act as business accelerators and mentors to support the Düsseldorf office on specific projects.
- Seek out speaking opportunities for Bord Bia to present Origin Green and position Ireland’s unique sustainability credentials at key industry seminars and forums in the DACH region and actively engage and participate in sustainability debates with key opinion leaders in the market.
- Play an active role in development and selection of client assignments or customer placements appropriate for Bord Bia Fellowship programme, Origin Green Ambassador Programme and Retail Supply Chain programme for DACH region. Managing and coaching of programme participants and host or sponsor companies and partnering with the Talent Development Manager to advocate our Talent Academy.
- Provide input into various internal and departmental reporting mechanisms: Monthly activity reports, CEO and board reports, market insight and intelligence reports and annual reports. Draft annual plans for the region and budget accordingly.
- Propose and implement multi-annual plans in line with job description, strategic objectives, market growth priorities and allocated resources.
Degree level qualification in relevant discipline, e.g. Business, Marketing
Specialisation in international marketing an advantage
Membership of relevant professional bodies e.g. Marketing Institute of Ireland or other appropriate is advantageous
- 3 + years’ experience operating in an export marketing, sales or business development role in Ireland, Britain or international markets.
- Experience building and distilling market insights.
- Successful implementation of high profile marketing events or projects.
- Knowledge of the Irish Food, Drink and Horticulture sector.
- Proven record of working independently in an export market.
- Proven experience of building credible professional relationships with suppliers, trade customers, media, diplomats and politicians both in Ireland and the Marketplace.
- Proven experience operating professionally in different cultures.
- Strong results driven KPI culture; budget management experience.
- Fluent written and spoken German & English.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with strong verbal and report writing ability in English and German.
- French language skills highly advantageous.
- Highly tuned influencing and negotiating skills adapted to the local culture.
- Proven organisational skills and practical application of project management tools and techniques.
- Proficient business use of the full Microsoft 2013 suite, social and Word Press content management tools and Google Analytics and social media online monitoring tools.
Established in 1994, Bord Bia’s mission – operating under the auspices of the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine – is to drive, through market insight, and in partnership with industry, the commercial success of a world class food, drink and horticulture industry. How we do that has evolved and expanded over the years, with offices in 13 locations overseas and a HQ in Dublin. Our remit spreads through cutting edge programmes such as Origin Green, the worlds first national food sustainability programme, customer events such as Bloom held locally in Dublin, our Quality Assurance Schemes which see us working directly with Irish farmers and producers, our education programmes which connect us to the next generation of executive talent, via Food Works we support local entrepreneurs and deliver services to our client network via our Thinking House in Dublin which offers world class R&D. Our teams attend multiple trade shows and events on an international scale and manage inward visits from all over the world. We take pride in the work that we do and the people that come along that journey with us. We are focused on the continued expansion and success of the industry, delivering for our clients, the public and government and are looking for eager, passionate people to join us in this ambition.