Job Title: Key Account Manager Gourmet & Distribution (Chocolate)
As the Key Account Manager Gourmet and Distribution you fulfil a key position as part of the Cargill Coco and Chocolate (CCC) gourmet and distribution (G&D) strategy. You report directly to the Sales Director of G&D and provide overall leadership for the development and management of strategic key accounts including a key distribution partner in Europe.
Your primary responsibilities are to execute the foodservice growth strategy and CCC distributor strategy. You cultivate relationships that drive top-line growth and develop processes and metrics aligned with making the distributor partner a robust sales channel.
- You build, develop and maintain internal / external customer / client relationships;
- You proactively develop deep understanding of the targeted customers and their environment;
- You develop account plans for targeted accounts and involve all relevant departments and stakeholders in Cargill to ensure connectivity and feasibility of plan including global alignment;
- You lead the development and management of distributor relationships to achieve targets and growth objectives;
- You achieve the commercial volume and margin targets for the segment in line with CCC budget and plans for continuous growth over 5 years;
- You position Cargill for leading opportunities by presenting the company’s standard capabilities and solutions;
- You oversee proposal development; helping create offerings that represent maximum value to the distributor, customer and Cargill;
- You directly oversee contract management negotiations and price list formulation strategies;
- You manage sales and profitability and develop and execute plan to accomplish sales and margin goals/ budget;
- You make sure all internal departments are aligned and processes and roles & responsibilities are clear for end to end process;
- You participate periodically in distributor performance reviews together with Enterprise Distributor Lead;
- In collaboration with the Marketing/Sales leaders, you lead execution of customer analysis for individual or groups of customers using Cargill marketing tools;
- You travel up to 40% of the time
- University or Higher Vocational degree
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in sales (account management) and at least 4 years’experience in leading cross functional teams within international B-to-B market
- Working experience in a complex matrix-organization,
- Experience with customer initiated cross functional project management.
- Affinity with food industry – preferably Cocoa and Chocolate
- Consultative value based selling skills,
- Demonstrated Innovating and Conceptualizing competencies,
- Strong Relating and Influencing Skills,
- Excellent collaboration/interpersonal skills
- Good structured communication skills
- Customer driven, networker, curios and good listener
- Fluent in English, and one other European language
In return for your expertise and commitment, Cargill will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. Cargill also offers competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 68 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.