Job Title: Junior Barley Merchant m/f
This position supports the EU barley origination and price risk management under the leadership of EU Barley Merchandizing Manager. This role will support the day to day risk position under the supervision of his manager.
Futures and derivatives are components as well of the risk management portfolio.
She/He would as well provide some support to the global role on the global barley risk management and the origination teams for the global BU.
55% – support EU Merchandizing Manager in EU Malting Barley market coverage, trading and hedging:
• Daily contact with brokers for market follow-up and different price and spreads values assessment.
• Trading Cash (physical and paper markets), futures and derivatives as per game plan set by EU Merchandizing Manager.
• Registration of all commercial contracts into Merchandizing record and business system.
• Keep respect of position and counterparties limits before trading.
• Set on daily basis the barley price commercial team will build malt quotes.
• Collect key information from market (crops, quality, competition, third countries exports, …) and share them spot with relevant team(s).
10% – EU Barley Risk Position and EU Merchandizing financial results reporting
• Reconcile and send daily and timely, the EU barley position updated with D-1 business activity.
• On weekly basis align with Finance team on activity and net position reconciliation.
• Support EU Merchandizing Manager in keeping trading results estimate updated (weekly basis + final Month end).
10%– Fundamental analysis
• Update EU malting barley Supply & Demand and collect any key information influencing fundamentals analysis.
• Connect with strategic pricing team and share relevant information about EU malt demand and market intelligence.
25%- Support Global Barley Risk & Origination Lead.
• Execute day to day futures trading, position reporting, CRC reporting tasks under the supervision of the Global Barley R&O Manager.
Possibilities to assist and support merchandizing manager in other geographies and evolve into more senior risk management position including outside Malt Business Unit. Travel up to 10-15% to brokers and suppliers in specific periods can be required.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Minimum 4-year bachelor’s degree in Agronomical, Economical, Financial, Engineering sciences or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years agricultural supply chain and risk management experience.
• Experience on cash market trading and some in trading futures, options and derivatives in the Agricultural commodity space.
• Broad understanding of agronomic supply chains
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience with origination, sales and supply chain management
• Proven problem solving and analytical skills
• Proven understanding of logistics
• Proven ability to perform well under pressure and not deterred by hardship or failure
• Strong and effective communication skills across a broad range of internal stakeholders and external customers.
• Fluent English speaking. Very good level on French. German is a plus.
Located globally, impacting locally
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries / regions who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.