OUR GROWTH IS POWERED BY PLANTS, OUR FUTURE IS POWERED BY YOU
Do you know Lätta, Rama or Becel? Do you use Sanella for baking? Then you also know Upfield!
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
For our factory in Kleve, Germany, we are looking for a
Health, Safety & Environment Manager (f/m/d)
to lead the Safety, Health, Environmental and Risk Management strategy for the plant, providing advice and support to ensure the plant meets business and legal requirements. The focus will be on Health & Safety.
Role Overview as Health, Safety and Environment Manager
The HSE Manager contributes to the achievement of the plant’s needs and is responsible for the development of the organizational capability to get the expected results. Provides leadership, direction setting and coaching for the plant. Is responsible for the implementation of systems and standards and takes part in their development when needed. Creates an environment for the sustainability of results and uses internal and external benchmarks to drive performance improvement. Contributes and supports reapplication of Best Practices.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Being part of the site leadership team and reporting to the site manager
- Proactively support the shop floor and the management team with a hands-on mentality
- Being a role model and ambassador for our safety culture
- Constantly challenging teams to look for a more ambitious safety environment
- Develop the factory’s team skills for hazards & unsafe behaviours recognition
- Communicate the Safety Objectives to the factory making priorities clear for everybody
- Lead incidents investigation and master root cause analysis
- Perform Job Safety Analysis and Machinery Safety Risk Assessments
- Network with other sites around the globe to ensure best practice sharing and acting upon it
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering, Safety or similar in work experience.
- Professional experience in production environment and occupational safety, ideally in FMCG environments
- Experience in leading and engaging people & creating a vision
- Proven team player & experienced in matrix organizations
- Ability to find pragmatic and sustainable solutions & deliver those
- English and German, both spoken and written (German does not need to be native).
What Upfield offers
- Attractive compensation package
- Company pension scheme
- Wide range of training and development opportunities
- Free fresh fruits & vegetables
- Promotion of health/fitness
- A great team and an exciting role
If you choose to respond to this listing, please do not apply on the employer’s website or through any other means. Grapefrute is contracted with this company and has direct communication with the hiring manager and HR department.
When we present you as a candidate, you are considered more quickly and in more detail than when you apply on the employer’s site. Grapefrute works with transparency and integrity, and we will be your point of contact throughout the whole hiring process.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Xing Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!