Job Title: Head of Quality Plant Denmark
Döhler Denmark is an innovative and modern supplier of aseptic taste preparations for leading brands within the European dairy and food industries. The company supply ingredients and gather the highest quality fruits, berries, vegetables, herbs, and spices from every corner of the world, to produce great tastes and textures.
Since mid-2014 Döhler Denmark (previously Dairy Fruit) has been part of the Germany-based Döhler Group. The Döhler Site in Odense has around 130 employees. Döhler Group is Headquartered in Darmstadt, Germany, has 23 production and 24 application centres, 50 sales offices and sales representation in over 130 countries. More than 6,000 employees provide integrated food & beverage solutions from concept to realisation.
Head of Quality Plant
You want to drive major projects forward and guarantee their success. You have a vision and want to make your ideas a reality. You can do exactly that at Döhler. As a leading producer of natural flavours, colourings and other ingredients for food and beverages, we are looking for people just like you, who are willing to do whatever it takes to inspire our customers and consumers. People who are motivated to deliver only the best.
Responsibility / Tasks:
- Establishing and developing a qualified and motivated team. Leading, assessing and developing directly subordinate employees in a professional and disciplinary capacity. Determining individual personnel measures in consultation with HR. Ensuring the best personnel management of employees who are indirectly subordinate within the line management structure and technically subordinate in the Group organisation.
- Planning personnel, material and financial resources. Adhering to the approved budget and introducing suitable measures to counteract potential and actual deviations in consultation with the line manager.
- Continuously standardising and optimising processes and organisational structures and initiating corresponding measures. Ensuring continuous improvement in the entire area of responsibility.
- Defining, implementing and ensuring an optimum exchange of information within the division and with the interfaces.
- Defining, implementing and ensuring in-house and statutory specifications and guidelines on hygiene, HACCP, food safety, occupational safety and environmental protection. Ensuring that these are implemented in subordinate organisational units.
- Defining, implementing and ensuring preventative and responsive complaints and deviation management.
- Specifying OEDM targets. Directing, implementing and monitoring OEDM.
- Helping to develop and implement general standards and key performance indicators.
- Ensuring and supporting customer audits and ensuring the development and implementation of resulting measures.
- Ensuring correct processing of customer complaints with the objective of avoiding complaints in the future up to a zero error rate.
- Deciding on the use of materials deviating from the target state and production batches.
- Defining and ensuring quality standards.
- Acting as the contact person for authorities and auditors and assisting with customer visits.
- Taking on quality-related assignments.
- Determining shelf life (considering microbiological aspects).
- Graduate in Food Technology, Brewing, Chemistry or similar
- 5-8 years of professional experience, at least 3 of which in a management position
- strong strategic and analytical thinking
- diplomatic negotiation skills
- fluent English and Danish.
It all started almost 180 years ago with a spice mill. Today, Döhler is a global producer, marketer and provider of technology-driven natural ingredients, ingredient systems and integrated solutions for the food and beverage industry. Innovation, trust, quality and sustainability are the values that characterise our company, and that we are proud of.
What characterises a successful company? We think it is company values that are lived out every day. They provide the answer to what a company stands for, which ideals it pursues and how committed it is to its staff, customers and suppliers. Above all, they create a corporate identity. That is why the Döhler Fundamentals are so important to us! They cover all the values that apply for us and for you equally all over the world. As a globally active company with more than 5,000 employees from a vast range of cultural backgrounds, countries and age groups, these values bring us together and allow us to present a uniform image. They are essential for our success – and thus shape our future.