As the Group Regulatory Affairs Specialist (GRAS) you will join the Group Regulatory Department Team in Breda and will support the International Group Regulatory Manager in the following activities focused on food law and labelling:
- Monitoring, study and interpret regulatory changes and developments in law/standards in relation to the impact it may have on PVM company operations and products; and turn these into actionable insights.
- Monitor, collect and assess data and prepare files on specific regulatory topics (current topics).
- Collaboration with International Marketing Teams in new project development by providing regulatory advice; enabling adequate new product development.
- Support R&D teams by providing regulatory advice enabling adequate new product development.
- Raw materials compliance check in order to do adhere to regulatory legislation.
- Preparation of mandatory labelling file (ingredient declaration and nutrition facts), using the “Regulatory” database for EU and non-EU countries. Provide product label verification and approval.
- Assess, interpret and translate specific aspects of EU and non-EU regulations into the PVM way of working. Aspects include but are not limited to: nutrition information (rounding rules, nutrients, energy conversion factors, GDA/serving size), food additive limits and related functions applicable to confectionery category, allergens and cross-contamination, labelling rules (how to declare ingredients and additives on the label, warnings, etc.).
- Uploading and revising legislative information in the “Regulatory” database.
- Continuously update the manual of the Regulatory Database and keep designated users aligned.
- Provide support in translating and technically defining above mentioned learnings in improvement and enhancement projects for the regulatory database/tool in close cooperation with regulatory colleagues and the external IT partner.
Skills required as the Group Regulatory Affairs Specialist:
- Master’s degree in Food Technology, Chemistry or Biology.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Regulatory Affairs in multinational companies operating in the food industry.
- Fluent in English both oral and written is a must, German/ French is beneficial.
- Knowledge of food laws with a specific focus on labelling and additives.
- Affinity for working on technical matters related to Regulatory IT database/tool.
- Ability to work under pressure, on different topics simultaneously and to strict deadlines.
- Quick learner with strong efficiency and effective communication skills.
A high degree of flexibility, organization and detail-oriented.
Strong interest in studying and learning food legislation and standards.
Being able to work individually but also in a team with colleagues located in other countries.
Ability in coordinating activities with other colleagues.
About Perfetti Van Melle
Perfetti Van Melle is a privately held company that manufactures and distributes candy and chewing gum in over 150 countries worldwide. Today, Perfetti Van Melle is ranked as the third-largest sugar confectionery/chewing gum company in the world, second in Europe, with strong brands like Mentos, Chupa Chups, Fruittella, Frisk, and Smint. The ability to develop products, varieties and flavours that meet the different demands and opportunities of markets is one of the Group’s keys to success.
Interested in this job? Click the apply button now! Grapefrute works directly with the hiring managers for our posted jobs, and is the fastest way to get results.