Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Position Purpose & Summary
Through deep business knowledge and expertise, this role will be key in identifying significant business risks and opportunities through adequate decision support and consequently escalating these to the appropriate leadership teams of the Cocoa and Chocolate Business.
In addition, the incumbent drives reporting improvements through standardization, simplification and rationalization of management reports for the Global Business. Drives implementation of new technology to enable better business insights. Provides a view on performance and opportunities that exist for further investigation and/or improvements by FP&A and the commercial teams. Identification of business optimization opportunities (e.g. Organic Growth, COGS, working capital, ROGI) to then collaborate with FP&A who will prioritize, build action plan and close gaps.
The incumbent provides analysed information in a structured way to provide insight through assessing historic & current business performance. Ability to lead corporate analytics for the Global Business and annual planning lifecycle including budgeting, forecasting, analysis including commentary, product & customer profitability analysis and cost analysis in close collaboration with the regional teams.
The incumbent partners closely with Accounting & Reporting (A&R), Finance Risk management (FRM), and FP&A, as well as the commercial and BOSC teams. This position requires strong financial analysis, leadership, business acumen, stakeholder management, influencing and change management skills.
30% Business planning and forecasting
- Profound analytics and forecasting on the main Business KPI’s (GI, Margin, Organic Growth, Cost Efficiencies).
- Ensure that regional teams see and represent the full financial impact including AOE, WC, ROGI, etc. Connecting regional input and Central to the combined analytics.
- Coordinate and lead periodic meetings with senior management.
- Capture issues, develop action plans and follow up on actions arising from meetings on the key business drivers.
- Leading Sensativity analysis on the current and future performance for the proactive scenario modelling.
- Run financial models (SGA/ Cogs efficiencies, Margin/ Volume outlook etc. ). Review with functional leads as required. Challenge data appropriately.
- TMO (Transformation Office)/ ACI (Accelerated Continuous Improvement) Value lead.
30% Data, analysis and insight
- Demonstrate strong financial management skills to evaluate and analyze financial data.
- Keep pace with changing relevant regulations, standards, and business factors that may impact business performance.
- Proactively communicate to the Business Leadership.
- Deliver analysis that can provide insight to the business and FP&A teams to improve business performance.
- Work closely as a partner with leadership team and business teams to provide insight, assessing historic & current business performance, highlighting areas of opportunity for improvement and ad-hoc as business required.
- Interpret data to create new processes, strategies, and tools to achieve business objectives.
- Respond to moderately complex ad hoc requests from FP&A and commercial teams with constructive and high-quality solutions, able to independently prioritize and channel workflow when required.
- Work closely with the A&R, Finance COEs and FP&A team to achieve business objectives.
20% Management Reporting
- Provide leadership and partner with other functional teams (Enterprise/ Corporate) to develop and maintain recurring financial/management reporting that supports business decisions and strategic goals.
- Lead standardization , rationalization and simplification of management reporting inventory.
- Drive reporting improvement through the use of new available technology (Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx, SAP, etc.)
- Provides input and identifies opportunities to improve data integrity and usefulness for effective management reporting and implements as appropriate to enhance reporting.
- Partner effectively with business and FP&A for reporting and data needs, defining which performance indicators will be needed to explain/measure business performance and the frequency.
10% Annual Business planning
- Strong involvement in the annual budget process for Global CCC , facilitating annual planning discussions with main stakeholders and leading the corporate Submission.
- Review final budget package or domain area and report out to leadership team and other stakeholders.
10% Continuous Improvement
- Support a culture of intellectual curiosity and continuous leaning to meet individual development goals and leverage the same to bring the broader team to a higher level.
- Support Cocoa and Chocolate regional Teams on the way to the integrated approach from a reporting and analytics perspective.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Accounting/Finance or related fields.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a multinational environment and cross-functional relations.
- Advanced Excel and data analytics skills including demonstrated ability for use of BI tools (Tableau, PowerBI)
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to manage complex financial analysis and modeling.
- Expert knowledge of product/market/demand analysis, forecasting and forecast improvement methodologies.
- Highly effective people skills able to lead by example and motivate for high performance.
- Ability to communicate effectively and create trust at all levels.
- Ability to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to influence without authority.
High level of curiosity.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Strong process mindset and curious and courageous to continuously look for improvement opportunities.
- hange management champion– ability to support and lead the broader organization through change.
- At least 8 years’ experience in finance, supply chain, or strategy.
- Experience with/exposure to Integrated Business Planning [IBP].
- Experience in manufacturing and/or trading environments.
- Experience with multiple business models and can ground end-to-end flows.
- International business experience.
Interested in this job? Click the apply button now! Grapefrute works directly with the hiring managers for our posted jobs, and is the fastest way to get results.