Job Title: Global Category Buyer m/f
The Global Category Buyer (who reports to the Global Senior Capital Procurement Manager) acts as a key partner to the QSHE and Operations functions to develop and implement Global Category Strategies for areas such as : MHE, Factory Cleaning, Third Party Lab Testing, Pest Control and Stationary, in order to ensure the effective sourcing and contracting of all aspects of the strategy. Together they will lead Global Negotiations for the Group working with a team of Regionally Based Buyers. They will manage external relationships with relevant key global suppliers. The Category Buyer must communicate regularly and work closely with all key internal stakeholders and act with discretion and confidentiality at all times.
Tasks & duties:
- Lead and Coordinate global negotiations for designated IMAS Categories.
- Development and Document Global Strategies for the same in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Partner with Regional and Global VP of QSHE and Operations and Regional Buyers to implement the strategies agreed.
- Ensure the optimal Contracting Models are used for each Category to ensure required cost and service level targets are met.
- Tender via our Global E-Sourcing system, evaluate vendor quotations, and adopt the appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure quality, price, delivery, and service ensuring that selected vendors can meet our requirements and Service Level Agreements now and in the foreseeable future and that they operate to the highest standards of safety, ethics and conduct.
- Ensuring all Contracts are properly documented and reviewed by Group / Regional Legal before implementation to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and that Confidentiality and Intellectual Property are protected.
- All supplier meetings must be documented and saved in the appropriate document repository.
- Identify innovation opportunities in this ever evolving space.
- Identify and document cost saving opportunities and ensure implementation takes place on a timely basis.
- Ensure monthly cost saving achievements are agreed with Global and Regional Operations Finance and recorded accurately and reported to Global Procurement Finance.
- Ensure supplier payment terms are aligned globally and are optimized to meet group working capital requirements.
- Establish a cross functional Global Category Council, which should “meet” at least every six weeks, to ensure that any issues in terms of cost or performance of selected Global or Regional Suppliers is reviewed and to monitor implementation of Global and Regional Cost saving initiatives. Minutes of these meetings must be produced with clear action points and responsibilities identified.
- Ensure Key Global Supplier Service and Performance Level Reviews are conducted on a regular basis (at least two times annually). These should be recorded and documented and any corrective actions rectified.
Experience & qualifications:
- Ideally a range of 3 – 5 years’ experience within the Manufacturing Sector – Preferably with a Global FMCG / Food / Beverages / Ingredients / Chemical / Cosmetics & Care / Pharma Organization and an impressive track record of accomplishments and continuous improvements in Procurement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly Numerate.
- Strong Complex Project Management Skills.
- An ability to understand technical detail and the skill to translate into common parlance.
- Adept at working with multi-cultural global teams based in various international time zones.
- High level of attention to detail and strong organizational, analytical, problem solving and administrative skills
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and to integrate and work effectively with others in an ever-changing environment.
- Able to lead and create a positive creative atmosphere in negotiations using various negotiation techniques.
- Focused, results-oriented and able to challenge the status quo to achieve both the medium term to long-term KPI levels and implement the agreed strategies. “ Gets the job done”
- A strong passion for continuous learning and a desire to grow professionally and personally in a successful, growth orientated, multi-national organization.
Education & skills:
- Degree ( required) & Procurement / Professional Qualification (preferred/not essential).
- MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint (required) Salesforce.com (preferred/not essential) SAP (preferred/not essential).
- Highly Proficient in English (required) Second Major Language (preferred/not essential)
An international leader in global food ingredients and flavours markets and a leading branded consumer foods processing and marketing organisation in selected European markets. This company have annualised sales in excess of €6 billion and employ over 24,000 people globally.
The company supply over 15,000 food, food ingredients and flavour products to customers in more than 140 countries worldwide. Their consumer foods portfolio continues to expand and includes some of Ireland and the UK’s most recognised brands.
The company prides itself on continuous innovation, technological creativity and business excellence in every area of the business, striving to enhance leadership positions in our consumer foods business and across global food and ingredients marke