Puratos is a global manufacturer of Fruit Fillings for Pastry & Patisserie, with over 9000 employees in 74 countries and €1,9 Bn in revenue in 2018. Many kinds of fruits are the strategic raw materials in the Puratos factories all over the world. Ensuring the global and local of supply and sourcing of fruit from “Field to Fork” are key strategic pillars for future growth.
“At Puratos we believe that local fruit sourcing and the knowledge of the value chain has a positive impact on our quality and gives full transparency to both farmers and consumers. We stimulate local sourcing to improve quality, support local farmers, ensure good supply and protect local fruit varieties.”
As R&D Manager Fruit Sourcing, based in the Brussels region (with global travel in this key, strategic role), you drive the growth of the Fruits BU by managing its fruit sourcing activities: develop and implement the fruit sourcing strategy from “Field to Fork”, ensure supply chain and business development in order to achieve business growth and profitability, both from long and short term perspectives.
Taste & Quality:
- Manage the full supply chain “from field to fork”, in line with the Fruits BU’s strategy by: identifying unique tasting fruit varieties, ensuring the development of the supply chain to the factories and assuring the compliance of the farmers with the Puratos standards
- Be present during crop season to ensure compliance
In cooperation with Group Purchasing
- Build and extend a deep grower and fruit processor network to meet global, regional and local sourcing needs
- Identify potential new suppliers as well as building long term supplier relationships
- Identify and manage risks and ensure quality supply of fruits to meet customer demands and corporate profitability objective
- Support start-up affiliates in setting up their supply
- Actively identify BD opportunities and support business development (markets, channels, customers) by customer visits in collaboration with the commercial and marketing activities, and assure the fruit supply accordingly
- Support local PM’s in their launch, sales strategies by channel and promotion of “Field to Fork” Fruit Fillings with current tools and support development of relevant tools if needed
- Be a Fruit Ambassador and ensure the promotion of fruit products internally and externally
Fruit Research activities:
- Drive projects around fruit sourcing innovation in line with the BU Fruits strategy, in Belgium and abroad
- Grow and maintain external stakeholders network
- Continuous knowledge building of the overall category from a global perspective
- Build and document knowledge and ensures sharing with all relevant stakeholders
Who are we looking for?
- You obtained a Masters degree in Food Science or Agronomy (or equivalent), OR come from an Agriculture, Economics or Business background and have a passion for fruit
- You have at least 5 years’ experience in fruit sourcing/supply
- You work in a structured way and have proactive attitude
- You are an excellent communicator with good commercial and influencing skills
- You are a strong team player, able to understand challenges and able to find consensus in a changing environment.
- You have experience in project management
- You are fluent in English, knowledge of French and/or Spanish is a plus.
- You are willing to travel up to 30% of your time globally
Why would you join Puratos?
You will join a fast-growing, stable family business that has become an international market leader with a corporate culture in which innovation and entrepreneurship are part of our main priorities. You will benefit from a great deal of freedom in your work, with plenty of room for initiative. You will actively participate in the development of innovative products. You will have the opportunity to contribute to our common vision and mission: using new technologies to improve the quality of food. A great work environment with lots of challenges is what you can expect:
- Responsibilities and the possibility to take ownership of your work
- Training and career opportunities to build your career within our company
Who are we?
The secret behind Puratos’ global success and consistent growth are taste and quality. At Puratos you will be joining an enthusiastic, committed and passionate team of more than 9000 employees. We are a leading, B2B, international player and, what is more, a Belgian & Spanish-owned family business. Our people make the difference every single day. How? By developing, producing and distributing a unique and high-quality range of ingredients for bakers, pastry-chefs and chocolatiers, since 1919.
After a century growing our business, our products and services are available in more than 100 countries around the world. Our passion for innovation, understanding our customers, and their customers’ needs, as well as our core values form the basis of our passion to improve.
Working at Puratos is choosing a Top Employer in Belgium.
Interested in this job? Click the apply button now! Grapefrute works directly with the hiring managers for our posted jobs, and is the fastest way to get results.