grapefruteglobe Kerry Ingredients
Job Title: Food Technologist - Texture Systems m/f
Reporting into the RD&A function of Texture Systems, you will be an integral part of a highly dynamic and highly focused team. You will be responsible for supporting the development and formulation of new and existing products for the texture Systems technology within the European region. You will work in parallel with the business objectives, strategies and plans of the texture systems business. You will work closely with the commercial sales team responsible for both food service chains, business-to-business operators, also manufacturers supplying directly to the retail trade. You will develop and commercialize bespoke texture systems products – and present to both regionally and globally recognized customer audiences.
The role will require an expert experience in the science and technology of texture systems in a range of foodstuffs, with the focus on dairy products.
The role will require a highly motivated team player with strong practical technical skills, a passion for food texture applications, a highly motivated desire to learn, and a drive to gain recognition as a true expert in the texture systems technology.
Kerry’s texture systems impart desirable food structure to a wide range of dairy, confectionery, beverage, and baked goods. Texture systems have an impact on the processing of food, and beverages, structural shelf life, and the eating qualities (sensory qualities) of the foodstuffs in which they are applied.
Day to day responsibilities
- The Texture systems technologist focusses on the development of new texture systems by calling on a understanding of the individual building blocks particularly, food esters, (food emulsifiers) gelling agents, thickeners, and stabilisers, starches, fibers and functional proteins.
- Oversee RD projects, from bench development through to scaling up in the Kerry manufacturing site.
- Oversee the pilot plant application of Kerry texture systems into a range of foodstuffs, and follow through with a detailed internal technical report, outlining the processing used, texture analysis, shelf life tests, and sensory evaluations.
- Keep up to date with key scientific developments (peer reviewed scientific literature, patents, trade journals,)
- Conducts research for the improvement of existing products, both from a technical and a cost perspective.
- Work closely with other application teams and technologies to develop innovative solutions and resolve technical problems.
- Focusses on the market requirements by tapping into GNPD, and other market resources to develop trending technological solutions
- Ensure that good laboratory practices and laboratory protocol is adhered to at all times.
- Documents all research in the designated computer databases.
The successful candidate will:
- Support the product development process (RD&A) for Texture Systems across the whole of Kerry EU & Russia
- Support projects from product concept, through to product scale up and commercialisation.
- Be a key member of the applications team, supporting lab and pilot plant developments at the Kerry Global and Technology and Innovation centre in Ireland, and will support scaled up texture systems trials at Kerry manufacturing locations in Europe.
- Manage and eventually take ownership of key customer opportunities.
- Work with support functions such as marketing, sensory, analytical, regulatory, and manufacturing in order to develop a common and aligned approach to the RD&A role.
- Work closely and develop effective working relationships with the texture systems sales team.
- Support Kerry’s customers, by promoting Kerry texture systems products, and how they can impart benefits customer’s formulations.
- Bachelor Degree in a Food Science discipline as minimum.
- Minimum of 2 years’ continuous experience in a technical capacity in the Food or Beverage production industry
- Familiarity with taking a product from concept to commercialisation
- Have a practical and relevant, flavour, ingredient and processing knowledge in dairy products, both at pilot plant processing and manufacturing level.
- Technical knowledge of Dairy UHT processes
- Knowledge of dry blending Project management skills
- Problem solving capabilities
- Natural communication and presentation skills.
- MS Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in CRM, NPI, and project management systems such as SFDC, MDM and Optiva,
Location: Global Technology & Innovation Centre, Naas, Co Kildare.
Kerry is a world leader in taste and nutrition systems serving the food and beverage industry, and a leading supplier of added value brands and customer branded foods to the Irish and UK markets. We have annualised sales in excess of €6 billion and employ over 23,000 people globally. Founded in 1972 in Listowel, Co. Kerry, the Group has grown organically and through a series of strategic acquisitions and has succeeded in achieving sustained profitability.
We supply over 15,000 food, food ingredients and flavour products to customers in more than 140 countries worldwide.
We have established manufacturing facilities in 24 different countries and international sales offices in 20 other countries across the globe. Kerry prides itself on continuous innovation, technological creativity and business excellence in every area of the business, striving to enhance leadership positions in our consumer foods business and across global food and ingredients markets.
We are looking for people with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment to achieve and sustain this growth on a long-term basis. In return we offer stimulating and rewarding careers from employee to management to leadership levels in a global food organisation.
Being a truly global company, our employees have opportunities to develop their careers in a global environment, with training, career development and international opportunities across the Kerry world.