Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
Job Purpose and Impact
Covering two locations: Bergen-Op-Zoom and Rotterdam Botlek.
The Environment Specialist (part of the Environmental Health and Safety team) is a subject matter authority that complies with environmental, health and safety regulations. You will support both locations Bergen op Zoom (Starches and Sweeteners) and Botlek (Edible Oils). You will report to the EHS manager in Bergen op Zoom. In this role you will lead the implementation, execution and maintenance of the environmental management systems.
You will be responsible for in-depth understanding and application of compliant operational practices and demonstrate compliance with company policy, work processes, programs and standards.
- The key accountability and focus area for this position is the implementation, sustainment and improvement of the elements of the Cargill Environmental Risk Management system at the location. Below mentioned general accountabilities further describe the position and must be understood through the Environment lens and applicability of the management system elements and programs owned by the EHS domain.
- Support the EHS supervisor in facilitating the community and governmental interaction and the external reputation.
- Partner with regional environmental domain and country environmental, health and safety to support management of site impact assessments, operating permits and construction permits.
- Support suitable training content and delivery mode, in line with global and regional requirements, conduct gap assessment to identify training needs, adjusting curriculum to reflect site specific needs and deliver training.
- Partner with key site or project leaders to integrate and operationalize environmental, health and safety programs and drive culture of safety, compliance and continuous improvement.
- Support event investigations as member representing EHS in cross functional teams.
- Understand, localize and integrate company and legally required work processes, programs and controls into site level operating procedures, tools, and work instructions to standardize front line processes and monitor, analyze and adjust for improved performance.
- Ensure strong alignment of goals, metrics and targets with plant vision and targets and govern site performance targets together with plant and site leadership team and consult on planning, issue and incident response and operational environment, health and safety and process safety compliance.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience in environmental topics.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Environmental Certified Professional or equivalent Environmental Training.
- Trained and experienced as an auditor of Environmental Risk Management systems.
- Confirmed ability to develop Environmental training content and delivery at various levels in the organization.
- Basic knowledge of country and local regulatory Environment requirements.
- Experience working with governmental bodies, contractors and consultants.
- Experience with environmental reporting & permitting (E-MJV / EJV / Afval / Water).
- Experience with environmental management system according to ISO14001.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!
Interested in this job? Click the apply button now! Grapefrute works directly with the hiring managers for our posted jobs, and is the fastest way to get results.