Job Title: EHS Supervisor
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
As the Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Supervisor you are responsible for the development, implementation support, maintenance, evaluations and continuous improvement of environmental, health and safety management systems at Cargill’s location. Being part of the supervising team, you take ownership as the Supervisor for all EHS systems of the location. You are specialist in EHS matters and assist and advise the supervising team on the implementation and improvement of the EHS systems. Clear targets are defined in the operational plan and progress is measured using key performance indicators. The operational implementation of -and compliance with- EHS management systems and standards is a shared responsibility of all operational supervisors at the location. You report directly to the Plant Superintendent at the location, but also has a reporting line to the Business EHS Team.
- You are responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of EHS management systems, to ensure that the location complies with business unit objectives, customer requirements and relevant legislation;
- Starting from the companies/ business unit mission and vision statements and local needs, you establish a site prevention plan and take ownership of an annual EHS action plan;
- You establish yearly budget for EHS matters and are part of purchasing process and control expenses;
- You produce regular formal and legal reporting (monthly-yearly), both internally and externally to authorities;
- You stimulate awareness, facilitate training on EHS topics and facilitate improvement processes;
- You lead the training program for EHS matters for all employees (internal and external trainings);
- You lead the internal EHS communication by use of promo campaigns, newsletters, etc.;
- You Supervise internal audits, risk assessments and define control measures to reduce the risks to acceptable level (customers, internal, certifying, external partners/suppliers) and review results;
- You assist in incident investigations to ensure that the basic causes are defined so adequate actions can be taken.
- Formal training Prevention Advisor level 2 (preventieadviseur niveau 2) yearly 3 days of training
- Formal training Environmental Coordinator level A (milieucoördinator niveau A) yearly 30 hours of training
- Knowledge risk assessment (techniques SWIFT, SIF, RCA)
- Environmental or Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
- Health-, Safety- and Environmental legislation
- Willing to follow external training for legal qualifications
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Problem solving and decision making attitude
- Training skills
- Motivator and Team player
- Structured and organized working
- Fluent in Dutch and English
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 68 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.