Job Title: Development Technologist m/f
Godiva is looking for a Development Technologist to coordinate the commercialisation process of new products of Godiva Belgium. The Development Technologist will coordinate development activities from prototype through industrialization and serve as liaison with Ops, Corporate, Chefs and QA to ensure projects meet timelines and goals.
Coordinate Commercialisation of new products and prepare all necessary documents, including:
- Research and test new technology in collaboration with Quality Assurance, Operations, Engineering and Marketing
- Conduct industrial tests, lead and develop testing for product and process development
- Work with Chefs to ensure production feasibility of new products
- Develop and maintain the test run protocol procedures and perform tests, create all line sheets for all new products before and after industrialization testing, publish conclusions and make recommendations to R&D, Ops, QA and other key business areas.
- Develop product and process specifications and align with key functions
- Assure all information from R&D is available to document into system and take responsibility for the complete document.
- Develop and qualify technological solutions and support implementation:
- Collaborate with cross-functional need in defining need for technological solution
- Follow-up and validate solutions with equipment manufacturers
- Actively support implementation in house with Engineering and Production
- Define and roll-out program for optimization, hand-over and training
- Participate actively for R&D in process and formula improvement projects.
- Develop scientifical background to technological topics to support business decision
- Work on ingredient or process enabler projects; Enable TDC approach by providing a complete analysis of ingredients, recipe and process value.
- Lead and assist in New Product Development-projects performed through the Belgium facility, starting from prototype through industrialized product.
- Participate in tasting of first prototypes.
- You will be in direct contact with operations, Marketing, Quality Assurance, Procurement, Production and the external suppliers
- You will be responsible from A to Z in testing phase.
- Master in Food Science (food engineer) or equivalent
- Experience in chocolate industry
- Technical understanding (ingredients & processes knowledge)
- Theoretical + hands-on approach
- Analytical skills
- Required sense of initiative and autonomy functioning
- Good knowledge of English, French and/or Dutch
- Time management & project management skills
- Proactive & Good Communication skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office
We offer you the opportunity to develop yourself in an international company. Join the Godiva Experience!
Godiva is a world market leader in delicious chocolate. We use fresh ingredients to create unique taste sensations, based on our craftsmanship and experience built up over many years. Our European head quarters and production facility is based in Brussels and we have a retail presence in Belgium, France, Germany and the UK.
Since its creation in 1926 in Brussels, Belgium, Godiva Chocolatier has become one of the most premium chocolate brands in the world. The first Godiva boutique outside of Belgium was opened in Paris, followed by openings in the United Kingdom, Germany, the USA, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, … Nowadays Godiva makes delicious chocolate with unparalleled smoothness and elegant designs and packaging available in over 80 countries around the world.
- Inspire – trust, teamwork & passion
- Embrace – fresh ideas, initiative & action
- Delight – customers
- Deliver – results