grapefruteglobe Kerry Group
Job Title: Development Lead Meat (Functionals and Taste) m/f
About the Role:
The Development Lead is accountable for the Functional & Taste team. The role holder is required to support the Meat Technology Lead within the European Region. The role is responsible for leading a team in medium to long term projects. The role is a key part of the Meat Technology Leadership team.
• Has overall responsibility for all Technology activities in Meat for Europe and Russia. Provides input into the technology’s overall strategic focus. Contributes to the formulation of policies and programmes that guide the R,D&A function in maintaining and improving its competitive position and its contribution to the overall profitability of the organisation.
• Partners with the Technology Business Development lead on maximising return from R,D&A investments within the technology
• Is responsible for meeting predefined Key Performance Indicator (KPI) targets. Monitors and measures performance against targets. Takes action where necessary to ensure target achievement.
• Is responsible for overall Meat Functional team leadership and development within the technology covering: objective setting, KPIs, performance management, training and development including functional skills development within the technology.
• Drives technology knowledge sharing, technology development and creativity. Improves processes and workflows in the function, which enable a clear interface and communication with other functions, EUM’s and regions. Drives a culture of continuous improvement.
• Assures communication & alignment with other teams, within the Technology, but also with Sales and EUM.
• Keeps up to date on best practice and competitor benchmarking on technical capabilities in the technology to ensure/confirm Kerry’s leadership position. Identifies and shares best practices throughout the function to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
• Accountable for accuracy and completeness of all finished goods data associated with the particular technology. Accountable for development and implementation of recipe templates within a technology.
• Oversees and participates in the development, implementation and achievement of the overall R,D&A budget for a technology. Monitors any variances and takes corrective action as necessary. Ensures approved development opportunities are appropriately resourced and completed on time within budget.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Masters’ Degree in Science or equivalent.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the development of Functional & Taste systems for meat
• Experience in managing a team
• Ability to work cross functionally at different levels.
• Strategically focussed.
• Strong leadership and people management / coaching skills.
• Ability to add value by proactively identifying potential opportunities or issues and assist in the implementation of both process and performance improvement
Kerry Group today is a world leader in Taste & Nutrition serving the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries and a leading consumer foods processing and marketing organisation in selected EU markets. With sales to over 140 countries worldwide, the Kerry organisation has grown to become a highly successful public company, having achieved sustained profitable growth with current annualised sales in excess of €5.8 billion. Launched as a public company in 1986, the market capitalisation of the Group has grown to a current level of approximately €12 billion. Kerry Group now employs over 24,000 people throughout its worldwide activities and operations.
We supply over 15,000 food & beverage ingredients to customers in more than 140 countries worldwide. Kerry prides itself on continuous innovation, technological creativity and business excellence in every area of the business, striving to enhance leadership positions in our consumer foods business and across global food and ingredients markets.