Job Title: Global R&D Commercialisation Manager m/f
Reporting to the Global Head of R&D, the Global R&D Commercialisation Manager is responsible for the development and management of the Godiva Commercialization activities related to new areas of the business requiring product development or quality improvements. This includes development of new products within Godiva and its manufacturing partners, starting from concept through to commercialized finished product to sell to market. This includes ensuring complete product and process specifications, visual standards, accurate documentation of all needed data, and dissemination of trial results to all cross-functional partners involved in the product development process.
- Commercialisation of new Godiva products internally and at external co-manufacturers, starting from concept through to finished product.
- Plan and conduct proof of principle and commercialization trials at suppliers, co-manufacturers and in the factories.
- Establish improved and effective ways of working with Global cross functional partners to ensure excellence in execution.
- To manage, motivate and develop reports and members of the wider business so that exceptional individual and team performance is delivered and true potential realised.
- To lead direct reports and allocate appropriate resources – teaching, guiding, managing and prioritising R&D and product development initiatives.
- Lead team members to implementing effective practices and programmes, which drive standardisation, simplification, improved business growth, together with stakeholder and consumer satisfaction.
- Builds capabilities across the team by developing a team committed to excellence, performance and shared accountability; encouraging a culture of pro-active idea generation to support Innovation growth.
- Builds capabilities of technical leadership pipeline talent.
- Forecast and manage costs via monthly budgeting with wider R&D Leadership team.
- Provide stakeholder reporting, management and risk/issue resolution through the organization.
- Partner with Category Heads, Consumer Insights and Chefs to create a luxury and differentiated consumer preferred product portfolio.
- Manages and leads improvement projects on existing products and processes for efficiency/quality improvement.
- Master in Food Engineer, Food Science, Chemistry or Biochemistry.
- Experience: Relevant experience (min 7 years) in New Product Development in the Food Industry – Preferably Chocolate or confectionery.
- English & French speaking (both languages are required).
- Highly skilled problem solving ability.
- Factual mindset.
- Process disciplined & organized.
- Excellent communication skills and high ability to influence.
- Ability to learn and share expertise quickly.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Independent and autonomous.
Godiva is a world market leader in delicious chocolate. We use fresh ingredients to create unique taste sensations, based on our craftsmanship and experience built up over many years. Our European head quarters and production facility is based in Brussels and we have a retail presence in Belgium, France, Germany and the UK.
Since its creation in 1926 in Brussels, Belgium, Godiva Chocolatier has become one of the most premium chocolate brands in the world. The first Godiva boutique outside of Belgium was opened in Paris, followed by openings in the United Kingdom, Germany, the USA, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, … Nowadays Godiva makes delicious chocolate with unparalleled smoothness and elegant designs and packaging available in over 80 countries around the world.
Godiva is part of Pladis
he pladis story began when the families of McVitie’s, Godiva and Ulker each started making the sweet and savoury treats they would later become famous for.
The success of each family in creating products that people everywhere could enjoy, helped the brands grow into icons with large portfolios of sweet and savoury treats. When the Ulker family expanded their group of companies, Yildiz Holding, through the international acquisitions of Godiva Chocolatier (2008), DeMet’s Candy Company (2014) and United Biscuits (2014), they brought together the family businesses that would become pladis.
In 2016, Yildiz Holding embarked on a remarkable journey to transform its consumer food businesses and created a new global industry leader: and so pladis was born, combining over 300 years of family brand heritage.
Named after the ‘Pleiades’ constellation, a group of seven stars visible from anywhere on earth, pladis retains the values and beliefs of the Ulker family; honesty, integrity, passion.
As pladis we set out each and every day to promise happiness to the world with every bite.