Job Title: Cocoa & Chocolate Gourmet Technical Advisor
The Gourmet Technical Advisor Cocoa and Chocolate is an expert and promoter for our Gourmet Brands (Veliche and Vanova) and large Foodservice accounts. He/She is the face for our external and internal clients on technical questions on our Veliche and Vanova portfolio and all applications created with them. Purpose is to educate, create new concepts, to test and provide technical support to Artisans and Distributor partners. Internally be the pivotal person for all application and portfolio related topics, and work closely with Sales and Marketing.
The Gourmet Technical Advisor is a chef by training, knowledgeable on Pastry and chocolatery . He/She understands the needs of the Artisan and speaks their language. Base is Mouscron, where the facilities are available to create new application and training and demonstrations can be delivered.
Frequent travel (20-40%) related to participate in fairs, external demonstrations and visiting artisans at their location.
Support sales and marketing in launching Veliche in new countries and drive new product campaigns. Promoting awareness and Brand recognition. Cargill’s Gourmet business as valuable partner for Artisans/Chefs to thrive.
30% Application guidance/ problem solving / FAQ
· Create interactive guide on chocolate application basics – incl video
· Create and maintain FAQ and solutions tutorial/ reference
· Regular sessions supporting our customers – incl E-commerce session interactive
· Respond to and resolve application problem from end-customer through online or offline interaction.
25% Demonstration/ business development/ Lead generation
· Organize and deliver interactive sessions with end-customers, demonstrate creative applications and the
performance of our chocolates.
· Responsible for the planning of specific Academy courses, curriculum and external training
· Assists and supports sales manager in organizing customer sales events.
· Participating in customer sales events and customer visit when appropriate.
· Supporting specific project work for a customer or an internal project regarding continuous improvement
25% Recipe and application development. Innovation. New concepts/ publish/ Concept testing/ showpieces
· Support marketing with recommendations on new products, taste and workability/ performance
· Create and prepare application samples for fairs/events
· Create and prepare showpieces for events
20% Training and Education: distributor team, schools, other chefs, internal
· Prepare and deliver training to distributors including the basics on origination and processing of cocoa and
chocolate.Theory and practice on properties and benefits of our Branded portfolio. Explain major
techniques used, most frequent challenges and how to handle/ explain
· Educate chefs, schools, internal employees and sales/technical teams of distributors on technical
properties of the distributor.
Minimum Required Qualifications
· Recognized trade certifications in Europe in Chocolate, Pastry, Bakery with strong focus on chocolate.
· Fluent in English and preferably French or German language. Verbal and written.
· 5-10 years’ experience as chef in Pastry and Chocolate
· Demonstration experience. Speaking to audience >15 people
· Experience working with large end-users
Competencies and skills:
· Excellent communication and teaching skills
· Commercial insight
· Action oriented and being proactive
· Disciplined execution by being accurate and make it the first time right
· Good at prioritizing and time management
· Drives tasks to successful completion and closure
· Creates solutions to meet customer needs based on customer feedback.
Based in Mouscron and frequent travel approx. 40%
Business working hours – Flexibility to adapt basis end-customer needs or basis events (weekend/ other hours)
We encourage continuous development and learning. Working with other chefs, technical experts in cocoa and chocolate
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 68 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.