Job Title: Chocolate Process Technologist (CAST and Upscaling Specialist)
- Applies deep understanding and up-to-date knowledge of our chocolate customers tempering and applications process in order to support them in the launch of new products, in case of problem solving or as a review of the potential optimization on their lines.
- Applies expert knowledge and in-depth expertise on our chocolate and coatings & fillings process, equipment and capabilities in order to handle all the upscaling steps of our Technical Services product developments into our different factories.
Your Principal Accountabilities
- Building relationships with customers selected or approved by the Technical Services Field / Sales organization in order to provide deep technology & process expertise to provide support in their problem solving on their line to support a new launch, or in case of advice needed to optimize their lines
- Identify process innovation opportunities to deliver on both Customer Innovation & High Performing Innovation (optimization of internal processes to accelerate go-to-market, and/or reduce costs for Cargill & the Customer)
Operations / FSQR relations
- Support the transfer from Development pilot plant samples to the factory by leading the new item production site reviews (potentially with the support of the Raw Mat specialist in case of New Raw mat included) from process, specs review flow and follow-up on site (or coordinate when remote)
- Keep an updated overview of the site capabilities in order to support and direct the Technical Services field and Technical Services Support in their processing recommendations.
Equipment manufacturer relation
- Identifies equipment manufacturers, in partnership with EMEA R&D/Applications Centre, new techniques, new equipment from both chocolate and C&F process and application perspective in order to be able to be at the leading front in understanding our customers process and trends on equipment
- Builds relationships with equipment manufacturers (pilot and industrial)
- Build a pipeline of ideas related to new processes or equipment that will demonstrate our ability to deliver a full solution from product to process
Program and project management
- Proactive proposes equipment & new process to explore & test to the Technical Services Excellence manager.
- Independently identifies project scope, objective, requirements etc. and executes according to plan.
- Ensures knowledge transfer to Technical Services Field teams.
- As a project member of customer projects (lead Technical Services Field specialist) responsible for either giving support on the New Item production and follow-up (internal), upscaling and/or to provide advise on-customer site (external)
- Academic degree (BSc./MSc.) in Food Science, Food Technology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, etc.
- 5+ years working experience in food industry
- Experience in Equipment and process engineering
- Experience in Chocolate and C&F industry
- Ideally experienced in the development and production of consumer products
- Familiar in the use of equipment in the lab as well as on-line production facility for food applications
- Basic project management skills
- Strong listening, communication skills and practical hands-on approach in problem solving.
- Flexible, positive and open-minded
- Good interpersonal skills and team worker, with the ability to well function independently when necessary
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with cross-functional teams within the organization
- Excellent knowledge of English, good knowledge of Dutch and/or French, both written and spoken.
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 155,000 people in 70 countries. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career.
Cargill Cocoa and Chocolate offers the food industry a wide range of both standard and customized cocoa and chocolate ingredients to be used in delicious bakery, confectionery and dairy applications all over the world. This with a team of 3,500 passionate cocoa and chocolate experts working in 47 locations. Together, we provide unique knowledge, insights and service across five continents, built on a foundation of 150 years of experience.