Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field.
With 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 68 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com
As the Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) Lead Belgium you are responsible for the planning, development, implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of all FSQR systems in the Cargill Cocoa and Chocolate locations in Mouscron and Antwerp, and the Cargill Gourmet and Distribution business through approved subcontractors. Your duties include: implementing FSQR policies, continuous improvement of FSQR processes and systems, shaping the locations food safety culture, leading talent management practices, ensuring product and processes compliance to regulatory and customer requirements, reporting and tracking FSQR-metrics accordingly. You are also part of the management team.
- You lead the talent management of employees in the FSQR organization.
- You are accountable for selection, training, development, performance management, engagement of direct/indirect reports and develop/implement short-range (tactical) FSQR plans in alignment with business and local plans.
- You actively participate in the development of FSQR initiatives and set accurate and challenging budgets.
- You act as a liaison between customer and operations to ensure standards and expectations are met.
- You lead the implementation of FSQR strategy/tactical plans for the location and other related broader business projects.
- You plan and direct all FSQR programs and management of change.
- You drive continuous improvement and provide input to location leaders related to capital needed to maintain food safety and quality leadership position in the business.
- You drive Implementation of process control strategies using data analysis, trending, application of statistics, root cause analysis, corrective actions and other quality management tools.
- You manage the FSQR audits.
- You manage incidents to minimize customer impact and follow up with corrective or preventive actions, ensuring root cause analysis is carried out.
- You have the ultimate accountability for all FSQR compliance.
- You analyse, review, interpret FSQR policies and implement programs to ensure customer and supplier standards are met.
- You monitor regulatory activities, ensure location compliance and act as liaison with regulatory authorities at the local level.
- Master in food science or chemistry or biochemistry or biological science or equal scientific education in combination with relevant experience in the food industry for several years.
- Deep technical knowledge in the areas of food safety, quality assurance and regulatory affairs.
- At least 7 years in quality control/quality assurance experience in the food and/or pharma industry.
- Energetic and proactive personality with the ambition for continuous improvement of our FSQR processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Quality, HACCP and food safety practices such as risk assessment, auditing, effectively manage NCs.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, motivation to engage FSQR Team and work collaboratively in a plant environment.
- Keen understanding of laboratory function/operations.
- Fluent in English language skills (verbal/written). Knowledge of local languages is an asset.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!
Interested in this job? Click the apply button now! Grapefrute works directly with the hiring managers for our posted jobs, and is the fastest way to get results.