Job Title: Bakery Chef
As the Bakery Chef you provide Lab and Pilot Plant Application support related to Customer requests/projects and Product Development projects within the Application Centre in Vilvoorde. You focus primarily on delivering high quality bakery products which translate a technical concept into appealing consumer products.
You design and conduct trials and use the outcome of the product development to create high quality bakery products and introduce them to our customers supported by demonstrations. You combine excellent hands-on bakery capabilities with a good consumer product insight and deliveries thanks to a drive for excellence. You report to the Cluster Research and Development Manager Confectionery – bakery and you are part of the Application team EMEA.
- You plan and perform Application work in lab/pilot plants on projects representing the core expertise.
- You support a well-structured bakery lab, including good maintenance of facilities, equipment and procedures ensuring safe environment.
- You are accountable for setting up experimental work plan, execution, interpretation and reporting.
- With minimal oversight you conduct research to translate and to apply product development discoveries into customer solutions (=superior quality bakery products).
- You are responsible to write technical reports on the practical work done.
- You support Cargill’s intellectual property strategy.
- You work on the creation and presentation of prototypes and ideas internally and to the customer.
- You help to interpret market trends to identify new innovation opportunities with Cargill ingredients.
- You give application support to different key customer innovation focus areas.
- You are actively involved in giving trainings.
- You are accountable to lead mid-sized customer and application projects, requests and related customer visits in close collaboration with the subject matter experts.
- Professional bakery chef combined with bachelor’s degree in food science / technology or equivalent by experience
- Product development in bakery, including in depth experience in key bakery applications: biscuits, cake, bread & pastry
- Several years of experience in the bakery industry is a clear benefit
- Clear knowledge on ingredients used in bakery products with main focus on base sweeteners, cocoa, fats & oils and texturizers
- Experience with project management
- Experience in writing technical reports
- Motivation for high performance and excellence
- Open attitude, good interpersonal skills and excellent team player
- Flexible attitude (e.g. working at different projects ate the time)
- Good lab and pilot practices: Safety and food safety behaviours and clean labs
- Fluent in English
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 155,000 people in 70 countries. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career.