Assistant RDQ Manager
About the job
The Assistant RDQ Manager manages projects in the local pipeline of innovation, renovation and fuel for growth. These projects work in partnership with Marketing, Sales, Procurement in the MU (market unit), and is contributing as a consumer & technology champion, ensuring that the projects deliver competitive advantage. They work with support from the RDQ Manager in the MU or the Regional Product Development Manager. This role takes also responsibility for risk, quality and legality for products assigned in the portfolio.
The job requires a strong understanding of the local (Dutch & Belgian) culture, markets, media and local language. Fluent English language skills are required for communication with the head office, the factories, other MUs and co-packers.
What the job entails
The Assistant RDQ Manager has access to R&D capability resource (Culinary, Sensory, Nutrition). The Assistant RDQ Manager can be responsible for delivering R&D tasks within design, implementation and launch phase, depending on the business priorities and location of the individual.
- Awareness of consumer habits, practices, usage, needs & preference drivers within the allocated product area.
- Good knowledge of key ingredients, supply chains & manufacturing processes through conducting trials & regular contact with suppliers, procurement & SUs.
- Technical project management of straightforward NPD & EPD projects (eg a new variant) in accordance with the agreed procedures to ensure successful and timely delivery of the projects.
- Role can work across brand, Private Label, Food Service and International Pipeline Projects as per the Regional Piroirties.
- Build & maintain strong relationships with colleagues in R&D & other functions (MU’s, SU’s, TQS, Procurement & the Category Marketing).
- Provide accurate technical data and technical trials-meetings reports.
- Maintain a constant awareness of competitor activity.
- Embrace company values and culture change (eg Breakthrough and Nomad values) and drive self-development.
- Developing products that represents the key priorities for each MWB, and are fully consistent with the focus on “fewer, bigger, better” working in collaboration with Marketing and Packaging experts.
- Drives implementation of the projects within AP, at Nomad Foods SU & designated copackers, in line with agreed objectives and milestones.
- Drives and delivers Fuel for Growth programme in their areas of responsibility.
Products & Ingredient portfolio maintenance
- Creates recipes and implement process changes to current products that have no discernable impact on product design (eg. productivity, footprint, supply continuity).
- Ensures product & ingredient specifications are created and written to be fully compliant & audit ready
- Write and approve product artwork and labels including product related claims.
- Provide Technical Data as required by Customers.
- Organize product tasting sessions with R&D, marketing & sales.
- Technical support to marketing and consumer careline
- Intake checks for co-packed products on a risk based schedule.
- Drive quality compliance for local co-packed products
Consumer & Customer Service
- Monitor consumer complaints for the MU and contribute to corrective action planning with the MU RDQ manager
- Manage complaint cases and individual escalated complaints, where appropriate
- Train the Consumer Service team to build knowledge about the products.
- Support sales team for customer enquiries and complaints about product risk, quality and legality.
Regulatory & Policy Compliance of Products
- Create specs and claims which are compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to the review of communication, products and claims regarding their legality in collaboration with the MU RDQ Manager.
- Understand the NFE quality policies and procedures.
Governance in planview
- The JH is responsible for accurate & informative input to gate documents including risk, quality and legality of products and projects.
- The JH must ensure that all new developments are consistent with the Sustainbility strategy and Nutritional targets.
- The JH must ensure that the key elements of the product design are retained on scale up and ongoing production, including productivity programmes.
Collaboration and coaching within the regional team:
- Continous teamwork within the region. Sharing, coaching and collaboration between the RDQ function in the region and beyond.
- Must be qualified to at least degree level in a Technical subject, eg Food Science/technology, Chemistry, Engineering, Biology, Physics or Nutritional sciences.
- Initial experience (1+ years) within the Food & Drink industry in a Technical /Quality / Product Development role
- Proficient in Dutch & English – French is an advantage but not a requirement.
- Basic understanding of the role of Intellectual property (patents, exclusivity, know-how and trade secrets) to generate competitive advantage.
- Basic regulatory skills as part of the education.
- Nutrition knowledge.
- Eager to work in a commercial environment and consumer led design.
- Good communication skills and experience at presenting to senior leaders
Iglo is part of Nomad Foods
The largest frozen food company in Europe are the proud owners of a portfolio of leading niche brands which includes Birds Eye, Findus and iglo. They manufacture, sell and distribute a range of branded frozen food products across 13 European countries with the United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, Sweden and France representing our five largest markets.
Headquartered in the United Kingdom, Nomad Foods was formed in 2015 following the acquisition of iglo Group. It is a NYSE listed company trading under the symbol “NOMD” with the long term goal of developing a global portfolio of best in class food brands by growing organically and through strategic M&A.
The recruitment process
If you are interested to learn more, please use the apply button or contact Grapefrute via phone. We will discuss your potential new work environemt, company culture & career growth. To make this more efficient for you, please share your CV and/or Linkedin profile in advance.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!
Interested in this job? Click the apply button now! Grapefrute works directly with the hiring managers for our posted jobs, and is the fastest way to get results.