grapefruteglobe Nomad Foods Europe
Job Title: Assistant Packaging Development Manager - Co-Pack
Please note that the work location can be in Spain, Italy, France, Germany or UK.
- To identify new packaging materials, formats, technologies, suppliers, processes etc. that may be exploited to achieve business strategy and agreed business priorities
- To link with the supply base and NFE Supply Chain and co-packers, form alliances with academia, investigate trades press and exhibitions to scout new opportunities and maintain awareness of competitor and other category packaging activity
- Through an understanding of consumer needs, packaging and materials technologies, equipment and process capabilities, supply chain capabilities, commercials and business strategy identify potential new packaging opportunities
- To feed new opportunities to the Concept Development Team with as much information as needed
- To share and retain ideas and knowledge in an accessible, ongoing format with the Packaging Department and business
- To agree, prioritise and manage the delivery of all your Packaging work
- To play an active role as a member of the Packaging Department and any Project Teams to share knowledge and to identify and deliver new opportunities
- To deliver Packaging work to the Group
- To identify and deliver agreed number of new packaging opportunities that are aligned with the business strategy
To develop a strong awareness of the packaging supply base, NFE factories and co-packer capabilities and developments, new materials, formats, technologies, suppliers, processes etc.
- To build strong relations with academia, research institutes and trade to be aware of developments in a timely manner
To identify and develop new packaging formats, materials and technologies to deliver competitive advantage and meet consumer needs
To share new opportunities with the Packaging Concept Development & Feasibility Team and Packaging Department and business
- To maintain strong links with the rest of the Packaging Department and share knowledge
- To operate to agreed processes and standards in a timely manner with visibility of all work
- To fully participate in all stages of business processes and cross functional teams to identify and deliver new opportunities
- Define, set up and manage the key stakeholders necessary to ensure successful delivery of new packaging opportunities
- Relevant Science / Technical / Engineering / Packaging degree.
- Driving licence
- Membership of Institute of Packaging (The Packaging Society IOM3)
- 2 years’ minimum experience within food and drink FMCG
- Experience of leading packaging changes with co-packers and production sites
- Engineering and equipment understanding and the interaction with packaging
- Proven experience in front end innovation, technology sourcing and establishing supply chains
- Proven expertise in being the packaging expert in European teams across multiple locations to deliver projects effectively
- Fluent English (writen & spoken) plus location language.
- Awareness of frozen food packaging
Knowledge & Skills
- Packaging understanding – materials, formats and processes
- Knowledge of emerging globally packaging trends / innovations
- Good understanding of the packaging market and competition
- Product development
- Consumer understanding
- Factory, Co-Packer and Supply Chain understanding
- Excellent networking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical thinking
- Identification of new ideas and technologies to meet business needs
- Food packaging understanding
- Project management
Nomad Foods Europe is a market leading frozen food company with a rich heritage and iconic brands which have stood the test of time.
Headquartered in the UK, we employ 3,800 people in 17 countries, with 9 factories. This gives us the scale, the talent and the opportunities to achieve our ambitions.
Nomad Foods Europe is owned by Nomad Foods, a US listed company, whose goal is to build a global portfolio of best in class food companies and brands within the frozen category and across the broader food sector.
Our portfolio of market leading brands includes Birds Eye, iglo and Findus which are synonymous with frozen food and offer consumers great tasting, easy-to-prepare food that is nutritious and good value.
We market and distribute our brands, which also include Lutosa and La Cocinera, in 17 countries across Europe. We have Number 1 positions in ten countries – UK, France, Sweden, Germany, Italy, Austria, Belgium, Portugal, Hungary and Spain – and our products are also enjoyed in Ireland, the Netherlands, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Greece and Switzerland.
Nomad Foods Europe was created with the acquisitions of Iglo Group and the continental businesses of Findus Group and both companies have a rich history, stretching back to the early days of frozen food. Birds Eye, iglo and Findus were pioneer brands back in the 1940s and 1950s and created the frozen food category that we have today.