grapefruteglobe Kerry Group
Job Title: Applications Manager Ice Cream m/f
You will lead the application team and delivery of ice cream and frozen desserts projects. You will co-ordinate feasibility and scale up trials on site working closely with development teams.
You will be seen as the Kerry “go–to” expert on customer needs in relation to finished products and processes and you will provide expertise in the application of Kerry applications and technologies into customer products.
Work closely with the EUM team and support priority business initiatives to help deliver growth in key ice cream and frozen desserts projects by translating Kerry application and technology capability into sales of industrial ice cream and frozen desserts.
- Support the SEUM lead in the review of opportunities from commercial teams and direct these to Portfolio (existing products) or Technology for NPD where appropriate
- You have technical understanding of key customer types, their manufacturing processes, NPD systems and finished products, brand and development standards
- You are an expert in applying Kerry Technology offerings into ice cream and frozen desserts. Deploy expertise in Applications to select the right Kerry technologies to best meet customer needs, including optimizing cost in use and customer value creation
- Understand key customer requirements, trends from the markets, end consumer, regulatory environment and process developments and transfer to the relevant Kerry Technology groups to ensure portfolio is kept up to date and meets EUM needs.
- You are responsible for testing of Kerry technologies in EUM applications
- You are responsible for devising systems to demonstrate Kerry Technologies
- Provide support and training to the commercial teams, to enable them to select Kerry Technologies for the Customer that are relevant to the specific EUM
- Manage customer interface Kerry RDA to customer RDA
- Manage Customer Presentations as needed
- Technical background with food science based degree or equivalent relevant professional experience and trade qualifications
- Significant experience in ice cream and or application/R&D/NPD roles
- Significant experience in ice cream manufacturing/processing
- Good knowledge of associated product categories such as process aids and functional ingredients (e.g. proteins, enzymes, emulsifiers)
- Good business and commercial understanding
- Experience in customer interaction and customer driven technical support
- Ability to interface with other business functions, especially sales, R&D technologists, and senior management level within the business
- Ability to independently plan and execute technical work programmes to deliver agreed strategic business plans and solutions
- Working knowledge of quality control in ice cream and NPD systems
- Working knowledge of supply chain in confectionery and cereals
- Working knowledge of ice cream product NPD from concept, prototyping through to market expansion
- Working knowledge of ice cream industrial applications across multiple markets/geographies
- Full mobility – role based in Naas but mobility to support sales focus and customer technical support across entire EMEA region
The Kerry Group today is a world leader in Taste & Nutrition serving the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries and a leading consumer foods processing and marketing organisation in selected EU markets. With sales to over 140 countries worldwide, the Kerry organisation has grown to become a highly successful public company, having achieved sustained profitable growth with current annualised sales in excess of €5.8 billion. Launched as a public company in 1986, the market capitalisation of the Group has grown to a current level of approximately €12 billion. Kerry Group now employs over 24,000 people throughout its worldwide activities and operations.
We supply over 15,000 food, food ingredients and flavour products to customers in more than 140 countries worldwide. Kerry prides itself on continuous innovation, technological creativity and business excellence in every area of the business, striving to enhance leadership positions in our consumer foods business and across global food and ingredients markets.
We are looking for people with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment to achieve and sustain this growth on a long-term basis. In return we offer stimulating and rewarding careers from employee to management to leadership levels in a global food organisation.