grapefruteglobe Kerry Ingredients
Job Title: Chef / Sweet Applications Manager m/f
About Kerry Culinary creation
Our culinary teams are made up of chefs, bakers, baristas, mixologists and more – all passionate about making the very best foods and beverages. Working directly with our insights and product development teams, our culinary experts help you craft and perfect recipes that will nourish your consumers and delight their senses.
The talent and experience of our chefs shines through when you watch them busily creating your dish or beverage in the kitchen. This is where our customers – and our people – get most excited!
They bring a creative passion to the finest details, work alongside food technicians and process technologists and they meticulously craft and refine.
That dedication to culinary excellence is becoming more important than ever. The growth of our ‘foodie’ culture has seen culinary trends explode. The growing interest in food and beverage is challenging our industry to deliver taste experiences the way the best restaurant chefs, baristas and mixologists do. And our teams are ideally placed and prepared to help you deliver.
Our chefs demand the very best quality when it comes time to test samples. Any element that doesn’t meet their high standards is reviewed and reworked. They won’t let a dish or beverage pass inspection easily. They know they have the tools and expertise needed to deliver excellence, and they always do.
This role is permanent and based in Colworth, Bedfordshire, UK
You will be required to Integrate Kerry’s breadth and depth of global technologies through building cross functional relationships with technology, marketing and commercial teams.
The role is an imbedded resource in our customer’s global design centre, based in Colworth, Bedfordshire, UK. Working very closely with the Global Account Manager, you will be the key contact for all technical and chefmanship aspects of Kerry’s relationship with our customer’s R&D teams.
Team Lead and lab management
- Working closely with the our customer’s Chef to drive the chefmanship platform.
- Be seen as the culinary expert in Confectionary and Baked applications to help drive further innovations using the complete Kerry solution.
- Provide global support for our customer/ Kerry’s innovation, Rapid Fire Development (RFD) and chef events.
- Educate our customer’s technologists to continuously improve taste expectations.
- Lead development workshops with our customer in the R&D pilot plant and Kerry labs.
- Attend customer plant visits to understand better their capability and opportunities.
- Coordinate Kerry plant visits for key customer development teams to showcase Kerry capabilities.
- Research and maintain awareness of both consumer and food trends including advances in customer equipment, food technologies and competitor activity.
- Build interdependent relationships with the customers menu development and commercial teams based on credible culinary expertise.
- Key gate holder for taste and quality of development samples.
- Efficient running of lab operations and activities.
Global Development Projects
- Point of contact for all development opportunities from our customer’s R&D activities.
- Run the Global/ EMEA lead development projects end to end, assuring a smooth process and providing one point of contact for development stages.
- Accountable for managing development timelines.
- Maintain existing relationships and drive new business relationships.
- Pro-actively pursue new opportunities and establish development pipeline.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required:
- Solid Culinary/ Pastry / Patisserie Chef background.
- Excellent commercial awareness and run projects accordingly.
- Food Science Degree, or relevant experience in food manufacturing environment with a good understanding of food NPD pipeline from market insight to commercialization
- Impressionable food presentation skills. Confident and willing to cook and present products to a live audience.
- Experience in Ice cream applications is an advantage.
- A team player, driven by customer engagement and multi-level relationship building.
- A self-motivated and ambitious work ethic, driven by achieving personal and business objectives.
- Enthusiasm and passion for creating best in class food and beverages.
- Works well under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills, articulate and adaptive communication skills in all circumstances.
Kerry Group today is a world leader in Taste & Nutrition serving the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries and a leading consumer foods processing and marketing organisation in selected EU markets. With sales to over 140 countries worldwide, the Kerry organisation has grown to become a highly successful public company, having achieved sustained profitable growth with current annualised sales in excess of €5.8 billion. Launched as a public company in 1986, the market capitalisation of the Group has grown to a current level of approximately €12 billion. Kerry Group now employs over 24,000 people throughout its worldwide activities and operations.
We supply over 15,000 food, food ingredients and flavour products to customers in more than 140 countries worldwide. Kerry prides itself on continuous innovation, technological creativity and business excellence in every area of the business, striving to enhance leadership positions in our consumer foods business and across global food and ingredients markets.
We are looking for people with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment to achieve and sustain this growth on a long-term basis. In return we offer stimulating and rewarding careers from employee to management to leadership levels in a global food organisation.
Kerry is responding to consumer demand for real ingredients with better, more authentic and nutritious taste experiences. Kerry has a renewed focus on Taste & Nutrition where the science of taste merges with the science of nutrition. We combine our deep understanding of taste with our in-depth knowledge of people, culture, life stage and daily nutritional needs. By partnering with Kerry, customers are taken on a journey to make food, beverage and pharma products that people enjoy and feel better about.
We call this Leading to Better.