Job Title: Culinary Applications Chef - Foodservice
About Kerry Culinary creation
Our culinary teams are made up of chefs, bakers, baristas, mixologists and more – all passionate about making the very best foods and beverages. Working directly with our insights and product development teams, our culinary experts help you craft and perfect recipes that will nourish your consumers and delight their senses.
The talent and experience of our chefs shines through when you watch them busily creating your dish or beverage in the kitchen. This is where our customers – and our people – get most excited!
They bring a creative passion to the finest details, work alongside food technicians and process technologists and they meticulously craft and refine.
That dedication to culinary excellence is becoming more important than ever. The growth of our ‘foodie’ culture has seen culinary trends explode. The growing interest in food and beverage is challenging our industry to deliver taste experiences the way the best restaurant chefs, baristas and mixologists do. And our teams are ideally placed and prepared to help you deliver.
Our chefs demand the very best quality when it comes time to test samples. Any element that doesn’t meet their high standards is reviewed and reworked. They won’t let a dish or beverage pass inspection easily. They know they have the tools and expertise needed to deliver excellence, and they always do.
This role will be based in Germany and will include travel in Europe
- The position will sit within the Kerry Foodservice Commercial Team.
- Responsible for the development of new products and menu applications for Kerry’s Foodservice customers within the QSR, Fast Casual, Bakery and Contract Catering segment across Europe.
- The role requires an indebt knowledge and understanding of our customer’s business model, brands, portfolio and customer’s needs, allowing the development and delivery of winning solutions for menu growth and re-development.
- As the role is a key customer facing role for Kerry, it requires the development of a full understanding of the Kerry portfolio and business capability, and delivery, to support new customer concepts.
- The role will work closely with the account managers, the R&D technology leads, and marketing to deliver leading insightful presentations and applications, as the main mechanism to influencing customers.
- Lead the customer facing development of winning food and beverage solutions for our foodservice chain customers, across all menu categories.
- Support the development of overarching menu strategies, and the development and delivery of suitable platforms within our customers to allow them to elevate their food credentials.
- Support the Kerry Foodservice brands business with leading market insights and hands on input, that can translate into the annual portfolio updates.
- Identify new opportunities within current and target customers, support the development of the NPD Pipeline in both
- Develop strong strategic relationships with key customer equivalents including category management, marketing, R&D, operations, and Chefs.
- Experience as Chef,
- Experience in either food product development or education as food technologist
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Foodservice sector and industry knowledge is an advantage.
Kerry Group today is a world leader in Taste & Nutrition serving the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries and a leading consumer foods processing and marketing organisation in selected EU markets. With sales to over 140 countries worldwide, the Kerry organisation has grown to become a highly successful public company, having achieved sustained profitable growth with current annualised sales in excess of €5.8 billion. Launched as a public company in 1986, the market capitalisation of the Group has grown to a current level of approximately €12 billion. Kerry Group now employs over 24,000 people throughout its worldwide activities and operations.
We supply over 15,000 food, food ingredients and flavour products to customers in more than 140 countries worldwide. Kerry prides itself on continuous innovation, technological creativity and business excellence in every area of the business, striving to enhance leadership positions in our consumer foods business and across global food and ingredients markets.