Job Title: Application Specialist Cosmetics / Personal Care
The Application Specialist Personal Care provides Lab and Pilot Plant Application support related to Customer requests/projects and Product Development projects within the Application Centre in Vilvoorde on Personal Care expertise in related subcategories like skin care, hair care, make up and oral care to design and conduct trials, evaluate and report accurately.
You will report to the Application R&D Manager Personal Care and be part of the Application team EMEA, totally aligned with Cargill’s Beauty strategy.
The Application Specialist is deeply involved in customer requests, customer projects and Development projects in line with Cargill Beauty strategy, demanding application capabilities and expertise.
Besides that you will provide lab and application support within the Application Team.
The work consists of performing lab- and pilot-plant trials, as well as evaluations of ingredients positioning and finished products with ingredients used for it, and related customer visits and project presentations.
As part of the Application team you will be responsible for perform, based on portfolio of projects, measured by deliverables, with:
- Clear contribution to the Applications Center vision, mission and annual goals
- Delivery on the annual targeted category goals of the Cargill Beauty strategy
- Master / Bachelor degree in chemical or cosmetic science / technology or equivalent by experience
- Relevant customer understanding and customer focus by applying JTDB
- Experience in finished personal care applications: skin care, hair care, body care, oral care and colour cosmetics
- Knowledge of technologies applied by customers to produce these finished products is key: emulsification, aeration, powder technologies
- Cosmetic formulation expertise (including rheology and sensory evaluations)
- Knowledge of processes applied by customers to produce these finished products and ability to interpret
- Expertise in B2B and/or B2C Personal Care industry covering ingredients such as texturizers, emulsifiers and emollients. I.e. starches, sweeteners, proteins, hydrocolloids, lecithin’s fats & oils
- Experience with project management and in writing technical reports with presentation skills
- Good lab and pilot practices: Safety and Product safety behaviours and clean labs
- Open attitude, good interpersonal skills and excellent team player
- Showing pro-activeness, creativity and problem solving skills
- Fluent in English
- Open for travel: max 15 %
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 155,000 people in 70 countries. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career.
Due to Cargill’s unique, fully integrated position with access to resources, Cargill Beauty, the new Global Personal Care platform of Cargill, is able to support Personal Care brands addressing their ingredients challenges by Unleashing Nature Sustainably. Cargill Beauty offers a diverse portfolio of nature-derived ingredients and builds its strategy on 4 strategic pillars.