Iglo / Nomad Foods Europe
Job Title: Assistant Packaging Development Manager R&D Industrialization m/f
We are looking for a highly motivated Packaging professional to join Iglo’s European R&D Packaging team.
The Assistant Packaging Development Manager R&D will be responsible for identifying new packaging materials, formats, technologies, suppliers and processes that may be exploited to achieve our ambitious business goals. He or she will link with the supply base and company supply chain and co-packers, form alliances with academia, investigate trade press and exhibitions to scout new opportunities and maintain awareness of competitor and other category packaging activity.
You should have 2-5 years’ packaging experience, ideally within the food industry and be able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of all aspects of packaging, including materials, formats and processes as well as factory, co-packer and supply chain understanding. Knowledge of emerging packaging trends and innovations globally is essential as well as an overall understanding of the packaging market.
- Educated/trained as Packaging Engineer, Packaging Designer or Food technologist with packaging experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- German & English.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Analytical thinking.
- a track record of identifying new ideas and technologies to meet business needs.
Nomad Foods is a leading frozen foods company. With our anchor investment in Iglo Group completed in June 2015, we intend to continue supporting Iglo’s organic growth initiatives as well as pursue strategic acquisitions to build a portfolio of best-in-class food companies and brands within existing and new categories. Iglo is the ideal foundation to execute a build-up strategy across the packaged foods sector.
Our Ambition for Nomad Foods:
- Build a world-class global consumer foods company
- Invest in leading food companies with proven track records and strong management teams
- Support organic growth and strengthen our market leadership in each of our geographies and categories
Our acquisition criteria:
- Market leader in a niche market
- Protective moats around the business
- Experienced management teams
- Strong free cash flow characteristics
- Diversified customer and supplier base