Account Manager High Tech Crops – Germany, Austria and Switzerland
At BASF Vegetable Seeds it is our ambition to make healthy eating enjoyable and sustainable by offering vegetable solutions that are in line with consumer demands.
For this Vegetable Seeds division of BASF (Nunhems) we are looking for a highly motivated colleague to become an important member of the international high-tech sales team in Germany to join and further develop our ambition!
Are you ready to take on this challenge and become the high-tech business partner for our customers in the DACH region?
We have a lot to tell you, so let’s start with the most important thing. Why is this the job for you?
- It’s a challenging job, working in an international team with a lot of autonomy and responsibility to expand our high-tech sales at our present and future customers.
- You get a lot of opportunities to grow and further develop yourself within sales and within the High Tech Horticultural business.
- Your job is more than sales, it’s about finding innovative ways to work together with your customers, to set up new projects and be a business partner for them and your colleagues.
- You are passionate about the world of horticulture, idyllically close to the newest developments in high tech horticulture.
- You get to work for and with innovative customers, who have a complex business.
- You’ll work for a company that invests a lot in research and development of new vegetable varieties and take part in an international crop team.
Are you still reading? Then we’re happy to tell you more….
In the role of Account Manager at Nunhems Germany, you will drive our High-Tech business growth in the DACH- Region. You will work close together with our highly-valued customers, but there is also a focus on acquiring new customers. You will take part in a network, related to the latest developments and techniques in High Tech Horticulture. This means a lot of interactions in the high-tech market to be able to act as a competent business partner for our customers.
Furthermore, you will be part of an entrepreneurial and dynamic ‘Global High Tech’ team of sales and marketing specialists to enable you and your team to offer the best solutions to our business partners. Your team is a lot of fun, very driven and it sometimes feels more like family than colleagues. You will be reporting directly to the Global Sales Manager High Tech.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities as Account Manager High Tech Crops
- Plan, review, adapt and execute the annual sales plan for the crop in line with Marketing & Sales (M&S) strategy, to match with the production plan and stock of seeds.
- Support the Sales Manager in the steering and peer-coaching to achieve the sales targets for the crop in your assigned region.
- Introduce our portfolio and support to national and international customers in line with M&S strategy to inform and acquire customers.
- Formulate and negotiate with customers regarding annual contracts and concepts, within broader guidelines, in order to realize the short-term sales targets and the long term partnership relation.
- Steer the Customer Team to assure all aspects for the correct development of the projects being carried out with our strategic customers. You’ll be the most proactive link to always anticipate the critical path and avoid failure.
- Direct involvement in international or cross-border projects with customers is a part of your work.
- Provide market, price, and product information regarding the crop in the country to contribute to the formulation of the M&S plan in the international crop team.
- Report to management to inform about proceedings in sales and the consequences for the other departments.
What we need to see
- You have a bachelor degree in agriculture/horticulture, similar/adjacent study or equivalent in experience.
- Previous sales experience that demonstrates a proven track record achieving business growth.
- A serious affinity in high tech green house or crops is required to be successful in this role.
- Interpersonal skills; ability to listen, to analyze customer needs and to build strong relations with different stakeholders.
- Social versatility and the ability to adapt to different cultures and social levels.
- High level of commercial skills to ‘get things done’ and close deals.
- Natural networker with a go-getting attitude to further grow the business and to expand current business relations.
- Team worker with the ability to work in a matrix organization and mentor colleagues in the sales activity.
- Proficient English writing for communication within an international team, English verbally well enough to attend and lead meetings.
What’s in it for you?
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. At BASF you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change. People are the key to our long-term success and that talent is in everyone.
We offer you a variable remuneration in addition to an attractive salary and excellent benefits like a good pension, collective health insurance, training opportunities, flexible and remote working etc.
Giving you the support that you need to be your best and fulfill your personal ambitions is what helps us achieving our ambitions. After all, our success is linked to yours. Whatever path you envision, BASF Vegetable Seeds is a great place to start building a rewarding, successful career.
Nunhems is specialized in breeding, production and sales of vegetable seeds in 24 crops worldwide. Employment at this BASF division means working for a fast-growing and ambitious company. We encourage individuals to excel in creativity and to show strong decision-making skills, team player mentality and entrepreneurial spirit.
About BASF Vegetable Seeds
BASF VS is one of the largest vegetable seed companies in the world, with its Nunhems® brand. Under this brand, BASF VS offers specialized advice and 1,200 vegetable varieties in 24 crops to the professional horticulture and vegetable chain. The company is present in all major vegetable producing markets and has more than 2,000 employees worldwide.
More than 600 employees work at the main location in Nunhem; in the laboratory to support the worldwide breeding activities, and in modern greenhouses and trial fields for the breeding programs of a.o. leek, cucumbers, spinach, tomatoes and carrot, as well as in the seed cleaning and processing activities and quality assurance. The high-quality seeds are exported to customers in over 100 countries.
Interested in this job?
Are you the go-getter to further grow our high-tech business? Are you curious about the job, and do you want to know more about why it’s so great or what are the biggest challenges in your role? If you have any questions about the position and procedure, please contact Grapefrute, +31 475 770 777.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!
Interested in this job? Click the apply button now! Grapefrute works directly with the hiring managers for our posted jobs, and is the fastest way to get results.