Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Plant Operations Manager will provide operational oversight for all production, maintenance & reliability processes for the site in Berlin-Reinickendorf. We seek a multifaceted professional to ensure areas of responsibilities meet standards for safety, quality, operational effectiveness and financial performance.
This position is temporary for 2 years.
- Lead all aspects of the overall operational management, including coorporating with other departments, like Supply Chain, Safety & Quality
- Direct responsibility for operating budgets
- Supervise strategic and tactical deliverables to ensure customer and product/quality standards are met within specifications
- Collaborate with specialists to ensure the most effective risk mitigation plans and regulatory compliance strategies are in place
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Practical work experience in the field of Engineering with proven people management skills
- Preferably knowledge in Food or Chemical industries
- Fluent in German and English
- Strong data analytical skills
- Able to initiate and maintain contact with all relevant stakeholders both on site and remote within the Cargill network
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.