At BASF Vegetable Seeds, it is our ambition to make healthy eating enjoyable and sustainable. Together and in collaboration with partners we are eager to improve our vegetable varieties and solutions for our customers, the vegetable value chain and consumers worldwide. To further develop and grow this ambition we are looking for a Finance Business Partner.
As a Finance Business Partner, you are accountable for safeguarding financing & financial reporting in the BASF Vegetable Seeds group (Nunhems) and setting the financial framework for business steering.
In this interesting role, as a Finance Business Partner, you will be the first point of contact for our accounting departments in the countries:
- Responsible for correct, in-time reporting for all Nunhems entities to BASF, fully compliant with BASF guidelines and accounting rules
- Follow developments in BASF accounting and reporting guidelines and ensure that changes are incorporated in the monthly reporting
- Apply international accounting principles (IFRS-IAS) and legal obligations
- Support the local finance community for any finance related questions
- Ensure eliable financial- and management information
- Support local entities on correct postings, allocation and reporting of financial information
- Coordinate treasury topics in close cooperation with local BASF Platform and support local finance credit risk managers on the credit risk process
- Advice pro-active to management and stakeholders for changes or improvements
- Drive digitalization in finance
Your team coordinates the finance community in Nunhems to ensure timely processing and delivering of compliant & reliable financial data to our shareholder. You are expected to drive digital & sustainable finance. Your team proactively advices management, shareholders and other internal and external stakeholders. We are responsible for the finance part of our ERP system.
You are the professional in Finance who balances all interests of stakeholders and users of the financial system. Furthermore, you are the pro-active, hands-on team player with high quality standards but is also able to challenge the status quo and ready to implement changes and lift the financial department to the next level.
Competences you must have to be successful in this job are a strong analytical mindset, well developed communicative- and social skills, a strong customer focus, technical credibility and the ability to build trust.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (HBO) in Business Administration
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in an international finance environment
- Able to work with and understand different (digital) tools and ERP systems
- Experience with Accounting Principles IFRS-IAS
- Mastering the Dutch and English language
- Pioneering : courageously trying new things to win
- Empowering : enabling to take actions and make decisions
- Performing : focus on the right things and act fast
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. At BASF Vegetable Seeds we believe that people are the key to our long-term success and that talent is in everyone. That’s why we empower you with the tools, guidance and opportunities you need to advance and succeed in work and life. We offer you a variable remuneration in addition to an attractive salary and excellent benefits like a good pension, collective health insurance, training opportunities, flexible and remote working etc.
Giving you the support that you need to be your best and fulfill your personal ambitions is what helps us achieving our ambitions. After all, our success is linked to yours. Whatever path you envision, BASF Vegetable Seeds is a great place to build a rewarding, successful career.
ABOUT BASF Vegetable Seeds
It is our ambition to make healthy eating enjoyable and sustainable by offering vegetable solutions in line with consumer demands. Our breeders and researchers are constantly working on the development of improved varieties in our laboratories, greenhouses and fields. We look at the needs of vegetable growers and the vegetable chain as well as consumer trends and social developments. By working together with partners in the vegetable value chain, we actively contribute to improve vegetable consumption with innovations that are attractive, healthy, tasty and sustainable.
BASF VS is one of the largest vegetable seed companies in the world, with its Nunhems® brand. Under this brand, BASF VS offers specialized advice and 1,200 vegetable varieties in 24 crops to the professional horticulture and vegetable chain. The company is present in all major vegetable producing markets and has more than 2,000 employees worldwide.
More than 600 employees work at the main location in Nunhem; in the laboratory to support the worldwide breeding activities, and in modern greenhouses and trial fields for the breeding programs of a.o. leek, cucumbers, spinach, tomatoes and carrot, as well as in the seed cleaning and processing activities and quality assurance. The high-quality seeds are exported to customers in over 100 countries.
For BASF, diversity is one of the essential keys to business success and the well-being of our employees. We promote an inclusive culture that accepts the diversity of people, experiences and capabilities. By embracing talents and abilities of all kinds, we aim to boost creativity and motivation, and enhance our teams’ performance.
INTERESTED IN THIS JOB?
Are you ready to step into this challenging position? Ready to join this team and our ambition to make healthy eating enjoyable and sustainable for everyone worldwide? Contact Grapefrute today.