Aptar is recruiting an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join the team based in the Leeds area.
The Electrical Maintenance Engineer work as a support function to the production department. The department contains four engineers. The Maintenance Engineer’s priorities should be governed by the needs of the production department.
Duties as Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Perform the day-to-day electrical maintenance of plant and equipment, including moulding and assembly machinery, to ensure continuity of Production, consistent with the Company’s goals and needs.
- Be flexible in your approach to duties in accordance with the requirements of the business.
- Diagnose and repair electrical faults that occur on plant and/or equipment.
- Assist with the maintenance program (TPM) for the plant and/or equipment (hydraulics, robots, ancillary machines automatic assembly).
- Validate new plant, equipment, automation and upgrades.
- Process / Equipment troubleshooting and failure analysis
- Ensure all items of plant and/or equipment are in good safe working order.
- Build and maintain items and documentation within the maintenance department, necessary for the effective running of the plant and/or equipment.
- Deliver innovative technical solutions to the plant.
- Drive efficiency and improvement through working with other departments, suppliers and internal personnel, whilst being consistent with the Aptar Core Values.
- Identify opportunities for new technology/automation.
- Maintain a high standard of record keeping for all repairs and servicing of plant and/or equipment as required for audit, traceability and warranty purposes, in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Routinely manage your workload using the Quality Management System (Q-Pulse) and ensure actions are completed within the required timescales.
- Demonstrate ability to make decisions based on data.
- Use the necessary or required internal and/or external software to facilitate this role including Q-Pulse and Microsoft. This list is non-exhaustive.
- Maintain the highest standards of housekeeping at all times.
- Dismantle, inspect and overhaul equipment, as required by preventive maintenance program and production schedules.
- Acquire and develop advanced knowledge of electronics and programming of Programmable Logic Controllers
Qualifications and Other skills
- The right candidate must have Electrical City & Guilds qualifications (or equivalent)
- It would be advantageous to have experience in Injection moulding machines, fault finding and diagnostics, hydraulics, pneumatics, robotics, and other industrial/manufacturing equipment.
- For self and others, ensure compliance to all relevant Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental regulations, legislation and Company requirements at all times and without exception and Zero Harm Process.
- Must be able to work effectively, communicate with others and be willing to work as a part of a team.
- These responsibilities may be modified or changed at any time depending on the business needs.
About Aptar Food + Beverage
From dispensing closures and pouch spouts, to spray pumps and valves, our range of solutions has the power to enhance people’s lives by reshaping market categories and changing consumer habits, while enabling companies to achieve their bold environmental goals.
Aptar Food + Beverage is a collaborative partner that helps you break through your challenges related to growth, added value and brand loyalty. We unite breakthrough thinking and deep consumer insights to offer innovative and sustainable packaging solutions that engage consumers and help them establish a deeper connection with their favourite brands. Our solutions give brands a direct path to market share growth and to brighter futures.
Every day, Aptar creates “a-ha moments” for its customers and their consumers and patients by continually bringing innovations to market that convert non-dispensing packaging into breakthrough product-dispensing systems, including those that give people more effective ways to put on their favourite fragrance, kids the opportunity to pour ketchup without making a mess and patients connected technologies that help them more easily adhere to treatment.
Aptar is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of a broad range of drug delivery, consumer product dispensing and material science solutions. Aptar uses insights, design, engineering and science to create dosing, dispensing and protective packaging technologies for the world’s leading brands, in turn making a meaningful difference in the lives, looks, health and homes of millions of people around the world. Aptar’s innovative solutions serve a variety of end markets including pharmaceutical, beauty, personal care, home, food and beverage. The company is headquartered in Crystal Lake, Illinois and has 13,000 dedicated employees in 20 countries.
Working with Aptar Food + Beverage means making a positive impact. Let’s make it together.
Are you interested in this opportunity? Then apply/contact Grapefrute today to discuss this opportunity.
If you choose to respond to this listing, please do not apply on the employer’s website or through any other means. Grapefrute is contracted with this company and has direct communication with the hiring manager and HR department. When we present you as a candidate, you are considered more quickly and in more detail than when you apply on the employer’s site. Grapefrute works with transparency and integrity, and we will be your point of contact throughout the whole hiring process.