Beverages Portfolio Manager
Responsible for sourcing and/or sales of raw materials & ingredients, with the aim to generate and drive business within the allocated product portfolio (beverages) and ensure that orders are executed flawlessly
Scope of Tasks & Responsibilities
- Drive sales and sourcing activity through successful lead and content generation.
- Provide insights, trend and analysis from the respective functional areas and provide the reality on what may or may not work to generate new leads and content to attract new buyers, suppliers and investors.
- Develop and execute the business plan, to achieve the agreed revenue, volume and margin targets.
- Act as a first point of contact for the Sales Managers for their inquiries.
- Jointly work with the Traders to find the best supplier and price to meet the buyer’s needs.
- Stay abreast with the latest changes in the market and provide relevant details to the rest of the team.
- Deliver information efficiently and accurately to the right people, at the right time, using the right medium.
- Understand and react to the changing market trends in order to assure a competitive advantage. Also, monitor and report to the management on competitive products and industry trends.
- Ensure that the members are incorporated properly into the team and are a part of the decision-making meetings.
- Responsible for ownership of all trade activities within the respective functional area from start to end. Ensure success of all aspects of the trade from sourcing, logistics, incident management, quality control, payment and following up on overdues.
- Act as a leader to ensure that the right product, at the right quality and at the right price is delivered on time.
- Responsible to visit buyers and suppliers throughout the year to reinforce IPS-Ingredis relationship and understand their capabilities and requirements.
- Responsible to set trade margins depending on the trades.
- Act as ‘subject matter expert’ on the ingredients required by the buyers, sourcing suppliers and trade margins for the team.
- Develop a result focused and motivated team culture and foster development of team members.
- Portfolio Manager will report directly to the Chief Sales Officer.
- Previous exposure to beverage & dairy businesses, preferably in Europe.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in the industry (fruit & vegetable concentrates/pulps and other ingredients used in manufacturing of beverage & dairy products).
- Excellent communication skills in English language, Spanish and/orFrench language would be an advantage
Sourced with the utmost care to ensure the best product profile for your goods. Supplied by a team focused on the optimal way to get you what you need, quickly and reliably. We help you secure quality ingredients, concentrates, additives, and flavours, in a cost optimized way. From anywhere around the world. Now on the first worldwide digital trading platform.
Coming from 30 countries through a network of +200 suppliers, our products have been sold to more than 40 countries around the world. With a team of 70 and growing, our people are our competitive advantage: 18 nationalities and 31 languages spoken—every member of our team has the skill and expertise to get you what you need, when you need it.
Our centralized trading team is aligned by regional specialty, but not divided by it. We source, we sell, and we do everything in-between, but we don’t have a typical day. And that’s what keeps us moving forward: we stay in constant communication with our internal and external network of experts to keep developing our depth of knowledge.
Our people are our competitive advantage. 18 nationalities. 31 languages spoken. Every member of our team has the skill and international expertise to get you what you need. Whether you want assistance finding an alternate product source, or are looking to switch suppliers for a key ingredient—chances are that our people have done exactly the role that you are doing now. So we can help.
What unites us is simple: we love our raw materials community. And we want to do business in the way that works for you.
Interested in this job? Click the apply button now! Grapefrute works directly with the hiring managers for our posted jobs, and is the fastest way to get results.