Applications Specialist Dairy & Desserts
As the Application Specialist dairy you provide lab and pilot plant application support related to customer requests/projects and product development projects within the application centre in Vilvoorde. You focus primarily on dairy expertise and develop further knowledge on other categories, beverages and specialized nutrition in the application team. You design and conduct trials and evaluate and report accurately. You staff the team that works based on expertise and project demand. You report to the cluster research and development manager dairy, beverages, specialized nutrition and pharma.
- You plan and perform application work in lab/pilot plants on projects representing the core expertise;
- You are accountable for setting up experimental work plan, execution, interpretation and reporting to start up projects/ requests;
- You conduct research to translate and to apply product development discoveries into customer solutions based on finished product formulation and processes applications;
- You write detailed, well-structured technical reports on the practical work done;
- You are able to supervise students and/or traineeships;
- You provide application support to customers and Cargill’s tech service organization in EMEA, including customer trials and visits supporting the product line demand;
- You move to different categories, to work out projects and technologies as urgency requests;
- You are an active contributor in industry and customers teams;
- You promote and support the introduction, launches of new products and applications in the relevant industry;
- You work in multi –disciplinary teams with associate application specialists, senior application members and other functions (one team mentality);
- You travel and visit customers to understand the jobs to be done and to run trials and give presentations, together with technical service and sales teams;
- You are actively involved in trainings, innovation days and exhibitions by presenting subject matter expertise and sharing knowledge;
- You create standard communication and training materials (application documentation) and deliver on training solutions to internal clients and external customers.
- Master’s degree in food science / technology or equivalent by experience
- Experience in finished products, mainly in ice-cream and frozen desserts, dairy dessert, dairy beverages
- Knowledge of technologies applied by customers to produce these finished products (emulsification, homogenization, pasteurization / sterilization, dispenser technologies, aeration, fermentation)
- Experience with project management.
- Experience in writing technical reports
- Experience in the dairy industry and technology
- Open attitude, good interpersonal skills and excellent team player
- Showing pro-activeness and creativity
- Problem solver with “can do” and “hands on” mentality, pragmatic approach
- Skills and competencies to work with bigger process equipment
- PC literate
- Ability to interpret technically, analytically, in depth results of lab and pilot plant work
- Ability to manage a subcategory and to demonstrate ownership
- Clear presentation skills – creation and presenting
- Fluent in English
In return for your expertise and commitment, Cargill will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. Cargill also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 68 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Interested in this job? Click the apply button now! Grapefrute works directly with the hiring managers for our posted jobs, and is the fastest way to get results.