ICL Group is one of the world’s largest Phosphate manufacturers for industrial and food applications and crop protection. At our BK Giulini GmbH site in Ladenburg, Germany, we develop, produce and distribute stabilization systems for the food industry, as well as for coatings and paints, cosmetics and construction industries. Within a global network, our experts create innovative solutions for dairy products that contribute to a sustainable lifestyle. ICL Food Specialties leads the way in the development of functional ingredients that add texture and stability to high-quality foods.
ICL Ladenburg operates production facilities for food and beverages as well as for technical applications. Around 450 employees develop, produce and sell additives for the food industry in the production of high-quality food, including halal and kosher and according to FSSC 22000 (standard for ensuring food safety in the production of food) and partly according to IFS (food, product and Service standards) certified.
The role of Senior Flavor Technologist R&D
Based out of Ladenburg, you will be responsible for further building and developing ICL Food Specialties flavouring and sensory capabilities. Within a team of driven and experienced Meat and Food Technologists, you will lead the development of flavour solutions for our international customers and join R&D projects to deploy your experience in this field.
As a subject matter expert within our Ladenburg global Center of Excellence for Meat, Poultry, Seafood as well as Alternative Protein Solutions, you will be directly interacting with the teams in our local Application Centers in North America, South America, Europe and Asia-Pacific region and guide them in relevant question regarding flavour science and sensory analysis.
- Responsible for leading new flavour development projects for innovative solutions in MPS, vegetarian and vegan product alternatives
- Interface with flavour houses and competence centres for solutions and projects
- Responsible for developing and implementing capabilities, processes and best practices regarding sensorial evaluation and panel testing to enable effective product development such as internal training
- Preparing, organizing and analyzing sensory evaluations
- Interdisciplinary exchange and support of further applications such as dairy and alternative dairy
- Conduct product and application development trials and define product requirements and formulation of functional food compounds with a focus on flavour and taste
- Project management and documentation according to project management procedures
- Manage global technical application exchange with affiliated R&D sites (regular and project-related communication)
- Close cooperation with sales, marketing, production, procurement as well as quality assurance
- Creation of application-specific recipes or end product ideas, support rollout of new products, presentation of technical properties for product-related information, the proposal of product-relevant test criteria for quality assurance
- Implementation and management of in-house seminars
- Bachelor’s or Master´s degree in Food Chemistry, Food Science or Technologist
- Broad experience in developing flavours (at least 5 years) in the field of savoury; meat/seafood, meat-alternatives; convenience industry (including the creation of vegetarian and vegan product alternatives) or similar products.
- Experienced in taste, aroma and in formulating flavouring components
- Good knowledge about flavours in savoury foods, such as meat and alternative protein applications
- Additional applications such as dairy/cheese would be a plus
- Able to translate the customer need into the language of flavour solutions
- Deep technical and application knowledge of food additives and ingredients, especially for flavour and food processing
- Strong documentation, organization and time management skills (prioritization, multitasking)
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Also, German language OR willing to learn German.
- Passion for food flavouring and taste
- Enjoy working on development projects to promote them technically
- Independent work, creativity, solution-oriented, organizational talent and assertiveness
- Taking responsibility for the proper implementation of projects
- Willingness to search for new flavours and new raw materials
- Ability to lead projects, share and discuss results within a multidisciplinary, local and global team
- Travel: (Periodic) Visits to customers and cooperation/supplying partners
Compensation in the chemical industry including company social benefits, work-life balance, and a challenging position with a high level of personal responsibility in a professional and motivated team.
If you choose to respond to this listing, please do not apply on the employer’s website or through any other means. Grapefrute is contracted with this company and has direct communication with the hiring manager and HR department. When we present you as a candidate, you are considered more quickly and in more detail than when you apply on the employer’s site. Grapefrute works with transparency and integrity, and we will be your point of contact throughout the whole hiring process.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Xing Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!