At BASF’s vegetable seeds business, it is our purpose to make healthy eating enjoyable and sustainable. Together and in collaboration with partners, we are eager to improve our vegetable varieties and solutions for our customers, the vegetable value chain and consumers worldwide. To further develop and grow this ambition we are looking for a Quality Specialist.
Purpose of the position
As our Quality Specialist, you will have an important role in the implementation of the Vegetable Seeds Integrated Management System (IMS), vision and strategy. You will proactively support the Quality Manager as a subject matter expert with the further development, implementation and maintenance of the Vegetable Seeds IMS across all divisions globally. As a Quality Specialist, you will work towards the continuous improvement of the Vegetable Seeds IMS to achieve high-quality business results while assuring compliance with company rules and country- and international legislation.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Lead document administrator: Ensure alignment with all document administrators for the Document Management Tool
- Acts as document administrator for all staff departments globally (e.g. Quality EHS, HR, IT, Legal)
- Guides document owners (new and existing) with creating and maintaining documents in line with company requirements and procedures
- Coordinates implements and improves in close cooperation with the internal audit team and other relevant stakeholders’ internal quality audit programs in the Audit
- Registers the outcome of (external) quality audits in the Audit Management Tool and coordinates follow up
- Performs internal and or supplier audits
- Supports the successful further roll-out of the CAPA program within Vegetable Seeds. You will act as a subject matter expert on CAPA, but also monitor and maintain the CAPA programs that are implemented within sites, functions or departments
- Develops, implements and maintains training material on QMS topics such as the correct use of our Quality Management Tool. You will proactively provide training to our colleagues in the business on these QMS topics and tools
- Ensure on-time and accurate reporting of Quality metrics, and trends to relevant stakeholders
- Providing relevant analyzed data to be used for the management review process.
- Supports or leads Quality and or EHS-related projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Science with specialization in the field of Quality Management or equivalent through experience
- At least 2-3 years of work experience (preferably in research and/or (lab) operations and through experience insight into quality management requirements)
- Has a profound understanding and knowledge of business (key and supporting) processes and how they are integrated
- Good knowledge of quality management systems and international accreditation and certification schemes
- Experience with BI tooling like Tableau
- Experience as a (lead) auditor (ISO 9001 or another relevant scheme) must!
- Strong command of Dutch (must) and English languages (verbal and written)
- Process-oriented, but with a pragmatic and customer-oriented mindset
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are necessary to build relationships throughout a global organization and gain credibility quickly to obtain opinions, contributions, and approvals.
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Able to manage complexity
- Flexible team player with cultural awareness
- Able to train and motivate stakeholders
- Pro-active and hands-on mentality towards the business
Pioneering : Courageously trying new things to win
Empowering : Enabling to take action and make decisions
Performing : Focus on the right things and act fast
What’s in it for you?
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. At BASF Vegetable Seeds we believe that people are the key to our long-term success and that talent is in everyone. That’s why we empower you with the tools, guidance and opportunities you need to advance and succeed in work and life. We offer you a variable remuneration in addition to an attractive salary and excellent benefits like a good pension, collective health insurance, training opportunities, flexible and remote working etc.
Giving you the support that you need to be your best and fulfil your personal ambitions is what helps us achieve our ambitions. After all, our success is linked to yours. Whatever path you envision, BASF Vegetable Seeds is a great place to build a rewarding, successful career.
Welcome to BASF
Our ambition is to make healthy eating enjoyable and sustainable by offering vegetable solutions in line with consumer demands. Our breeders and researchers are constantly working on the development of improved varieties in our laboratories, greenhouses and fields. We look at the needs of vegetable growers and the vegetable chain as well as consumer trends and social developments. By working together with partners in the vegetable value chain, we actively contribute to improving vegetable consumption with innovations that are attractive, healthy, tasty and sustainable.
BASF VS is one of the largest vegetable seed companies in the world, with its Nunhems® brand. Under this brand, BASF VS offers specialized advice and 1,200 vegetable varieties in 24 crops to the professional horticulture and vegetable chain. The company is present in all major vegetable-producing markets and has more than 2,000 employees worldwide.
More than 600 employees work at the main location in Nunhem; in the laboratory to support worldwide breeding activities, and in modern greenhouses and trial fields for the breeding programs of a.o. leek, cucumbers, spinach, tomatoes and carrot, as well as in the seed cleaning and processing activities and quality assurance. The high-quality seeds are exported to customers in over 100 countries.
For BASF, diversity is one of the essential keys to business success and the well-being of our employees. We promote an inclusive culture that accepts the diversity of people, experiences and capabilities. By embracing talents and abilities of all kinds, we aim to boost creativity and motivation and enhance our teams’ performance.
Interested in this job?
Are you curious about the job, and do you want to know more about why it’s so great or what are the biggest challenges in your role? If you have any questions about the position and procedure, please contact us at +31 475 770 777.
If you choose to respond to this listing, please do not apply on the employer’s website or through any other means. Grapefrute is contracted with this company and has direct communication with the hiring manager and HR department. When we present you as a candidate, you are considered more quickly and in more detail than when you apply on the employer’s site. Grapefrute works with transparency and integrity, and we will be your point of contact throughout the whole hiring process.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!