Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Plant Operations Manager will provide operational oversight for all production, maintenance & reliability processes for the site in Berlin-Reinickendorf. We seek a multifaceted professional to ensure areas of responsibilities meet standards for safety, quality, operational effectiveness and financial performance.
This position is temporary for 2 years.
- Lead all aspects of the overall operational management, including cooperating with other departments, like Supply Chain, Safety & Quality
- Direct responsibility for operating budgets
- Supervise strategic and tactical deliverables to ensure customer and product/quality standards are met within specifications
- Collaborate with specialists to ensure the most effective risk mitigation plans and regulatory compliance strategies are in place
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in Production Management with proven people management skills
- Fluent in German and English
- Strong data analytical skills
- Able to initiate and maintain contact with all relevant stakeholders both on site and remote within the Cargill network
- Practical work experience in the field of Engineering with proven people management skills
- Preferably knowledge in Food, Chemical or similar industries.
About the two Berlin sites
The cocoa and chocolate plants in Berlin-Reinickendorf and Berlin-Lichtenrade have formed part of the Cargill corporate family since 2011. The flexible and customer-focused product portfolio includes the production of chocolate and cocoa mass, in both liquid and solid form.
Cargill is the largest manufacturer of cocoa and chocolate products in Germany for industry. Our customers are large German and European food companies in the baked goods, confectionery, and ice cream categories.
At both locations we employ approx. 180 qualified and dedicated staff in various fields of activity of production, quality control, product development, and administration.
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Xing Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!