Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact as Plant Operations Area Supervisor
The Plant Operations Area Supervisor will provide oversight for all operational processes for multiple areas or plants. We seek a multifaceted professional to ensure areas of responsibility meet standards for safety, quality, operational effectiveness and financial performance.
Key Accountabilities as Plant Operations Area Supervisor
- Ensure employee, food and feed safety as well as environmental program standards are implemented in compliance with legal, local and corporate requirements and guidelines.
- Maintain employee morale, community spirit, productive workforce and Business Unit/Company expectations.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring and performance.
- Develop and maintain a work environment that utilizes the continuous improvement processes, such as Lean and Six Sigma, as well as develop and follow up on KPIs.
- Supervise strategic and tactical deliverables to ensure customer and product/quality standards are met within specifications.
- Responsible for cost control and cost optimization: manpower, yields, waste control, energy consumption and cost of non-conformity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Fluent in German
- Leadership experience
- Technical background
- A resilient, well-organized, and communicative personality with a high amount of self-initiative and an independent, target-oriented style of working
- Lean Six Sigma knowledge
About Cargill Barby
Our starch factory in Barby near Magdeburg in Saxony-Anhalt lies in an area referred to as the Magdeburger Börde, one of the best cereal cultivation areas in Germany.
Our wheat starches and wheat gluten are processed in various industries and industrial branches in a wide range of ways. Furthermore, our product range includes various types of glucose syrups, which are further processed in the food industry.
In 2016 we were able to open a top-of-the-range production facility for premium alcohol right next to our wheat starch factory. This new plant produces high-grade alcohol in a fully integrated fermentation process, which is predominantly derived from wheat from the region.
On-site we employ 150-175 qualified and dedicated staff in various fields of activity of production and administration.
The objective of using only tried-and-tested environmental technologies is something that Cargill has also brought to Barby. By using the latest technologies, the energy plan enables maximum power supply efficiency. The consumption of primary energy is kept to the minimum technically possible by using steam multiple times, heat recovery and using mechanical vapor recompression. A gas turbine plan enables a high degree of efficiency of the plant of 90% to 95%.
We provide a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Are you interested in this opportunity? Then apply/contact Grapefrute today to discuss this opportunity.
If you choose to respond to this listing, please do not apply on the employer’s website or through any other means. Grapefrute is contracted with this company and has direct communication with the hiring manager and HR department. When we present you as a candidate, you are considered more quickly and in more detail than when you apply on the employer’s site. Grapefrute works with transparency and integrity, and we will be your point of contact throughout the whole hiring process.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Xing Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!