Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
This role can work from the Netherlands or Belgium.
The Margin Manager Chocolate will create and deliver distinctive value to our businesses. In this role, you will provide regional sales teams with the support and knowledge to efficiently sell products, drive business results by developing growth strategy and aligning with commercial strategy, targeted territory plans, strategic pricing plans and individualized account plans. You will assist the team with contract negotiations, market intelligence, project management, customer forecasting and product solutions.
Key Accountabilities as Margin Manager
- Develop clear and focused territory planning, specific targets, account planning and routine follow up meetings with account managers and regional sales leaders to meet and exceed the annual contribution margin target for the assigned customers in the region.
- Provide effective communication of the business strategy, growth objectives, sales initiatives, sales results and changes in the competitive landscape to the team and across businesses routinely.
- Partner with the sales team to build a strong opportunities pipeline and be the commercial resource in the commercialization process to make recommendations on advancing new projects based on the business case.
- Partner with research and development, supply chain and operations to ensure a high success rate of commercialization. Be the first point of contact for related customer service issues and collaborate with functional teams to find solutions to improve service level to assigned customers.
- Collaborate with the sales team to monitor and actively handle past due contracts to avoid margin leakage due to delinquent accounts.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- University Degree
- Minimum 5 years working experience
- Conceptual and analytical, to grasp the portfolio and capacity interdependencies.
- Influencing a large Sales organization, but with no direct reporting lines
- Effective communication of goals and ability to provide clear feedback on execution
- Curiosity to explore the market place, understand customer needs and competitor capabilities
- Basic access/SQL knowledge. Expert knowledge of Excel.
- Fluent command of English, other European language (German or French) is preferred
- Master of business administration with a concentration in general management, finance or marketing.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Xing Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!