Aptar UK Limited is part of a global company with over half a century of experience operating in the ever-changing consumer packaging world. We are a unique customer and shareholder focused company with proprietary knowledge, technical expertise, broad product range, with 13,000 dedicated employees and a manufacturing presence in 18 countries. Our stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange with the symbol ATR. In our operational based in Morley, Leeds we produced dispensing solutions for a number of household names in the beauty & home and food & beverage industry.
The Setter’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Plastic injection molding tool setting/tool changes to conform with Aptar safe working practices and procedures.
- Assist the shift with operating the injection molding machines, ancillaries and automated assembly machines.
- Ensure machinery is safe, checked in accordance with maintenance logs and repaired either permanently or temporarily in conjunction with the Maintenance Department.
- Refer to standards setting and modify processes, where necessary, in order to achieve maximum production rates and quality standards. Record all changes made to proceed
- Follow the escalating procedure to Toolroom, Maintenance and Technical department. Fill appropriate documents.
- To conform to Aptar culture and employee practice.
- Liaise with the Setter Supervisor, Team Leader, Planning, Quality Department, Toolroom, Maintenance, other team members and other shifts with regard to tool changes, settings, operating procedures and general running requirements.
- Perform tool changes/setting and the application of ancillaries in line with production requirements.
- Attend meetings and communicate effectively with all departments.
- Perform safe interim repairs in the absence of Maintenance and the Toolroom.
- Maintain a safe, healthy, clean and tidy environment for yourself and others.
- Complete training when required.
- Perform any other reasonable task required by the Setter Supervisor, Team Leader, senior managers or directors.
Qualifications and Other skills
- Basic English, math’s and communication skills
- Injection moulding: working safely,
- Trained to the equivalent of Modules 1, 2 & 3 and Hot Runner Systems by G&A/RJG, including up to date machinery control systems.
- Considerable experience on injection moulding/tool-setting experience with a recognised company.
- Adequate experience of ancillaries such as material feed systems, masterbatch dosing, chillers, mould heaters, pick and place robotic systems, granulators, conveyors etc.
- Experience of running automatic assembly lines would be an advantage.
- Plastics raw material knowledge (handling, processing etc.)
- The applicant ideally would have experience in a manufacturing environment and have the ability to work in a high pressure site.
- Must be able to work effectively, communicate with others and be willing to work as a part of a team.
- For self and others, ensure compliance to all relevant Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental regulations, legislation and Company requirements at all times and without exception and Zero Harm Process.
About Aptar Food + Beverage
From dispensing closures and pouch spouts, to spray pumps and valves, our range of solutions has the power to enhance people’s lives by reshaping market categories and changing consumer habits, while enabling companies to achieve their bold environmental goals.
Aptar Food + Beverage is a collaborative partner that helps you break through your challenges related to growth, added value and brand loyalty. We unite breakthrough thinking and deep consumer insights to offer innovative and sustainable packaging solutions that engage consumers and help them establish a deeper connection with their favorite brands. Our solutions give brands a direct path to market share growth and to brighter futures.
Every day, Aptar creates “a-ha moments” for its customers and their consumers and patients by continually bringing innovations to market that convert non-dispensing packaging into breakthrough product-dispensing systems, including those that give people more effective ways to put on their favorite fragrance, kids the opportunity to pour ketchup without making a mess and patients connected technologies that help them more easily adhere to treatment.
Aptar is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of a broad range of drug delivery, consumer product dispensing and material science solutions. Aptar uses insights, design, engineering and science to create dosing, dispensing and protective packaging technologies for the world’s leading brands, in turn making a meaningful difference in the lives, looks, health and homes of millions of people around the world. Aptar’s innovative solutions serve a variety of end markets including pharmaceutical, beauty, personal care, home, food and beverage. The company is headquartered in Crystal Lake, Illinois and has 13,000 dedicated employees in 20 countries.
Working with Aptar Food + Beverage means making a positive impact. Let’s make it together.
Are you interested in this opportunity? Then apply/contact Grapefrute today to discuss this opportunity.
If you choose to respond to this listing, please do not apply on the employer’s website or through any other means. Grapefrute is contracted with this company, and has direct communication with the hiring manager and HR department. When we present you as a candidate, you are considered more quickly and in more detail than when you apply on the employer’s site. Grapefrute works with transparency and integrity, and we will be your point of contact throughout the whole hiring process.