ICL is a global specialty minerals and chemicals company operating potash, bromine and phosphate mineral value chains in a unique, integrated business model. ICL extracts raw materials from well-positioned mineral assets and utilizes technology and industrial know-how to add value for customers in key agricultural and industrial markets worldwide. ICL employs around 12.000 people worldwide and is active in many European countries. The European Headquarters are located in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
About the role as Global Sourcing Manager
In this role, you will be responsible for setting up and implementing ICL’s global procurement strategy for key Process Equipment globally: Technical and Maintenance Equipment and generating a reduction in the total cost of ownership. You will work closely together with internal stakeholders across the globe with major activities in Israel, Spain and Europe.
You will actively participate in the strategic sourcing activities for this technical category and sub-category, with the goal of achieving cost reductions, while maintaining or improving product quality or vendor service levels. You will be part of a very driven and international team of Global Sourcing Managers and Operational Buyers that work very closely together on the many sub-categories to bring high Service Excellence to our internal stakeholders.
Main responsibilities as Global Sourcing Manager
- Identify, evaluate & select suppliers, negotiate and close framework agreements of Global & EU region products and services under the Proc., Tech. & Maintenance Equipment sub-category.
- Drive product demand optimization throughout ICL via collaboration with the relevant ICL units
- Maintain and develop in-depth knowledge of suppliers, markets and trends.
- Bringing in new Sourcing strategies for various categories.
- Perform best-in-class negotiation processes via analysis of supply & demand trends.
- Monitor the performances of vendors and their compliance with their commitments.
- Build relationships with your global and regional (key) suppliers & actively manage them.
- In frequent travel to sites and supplier places for projects, building relations and other project activities.
To be successful in this role you have a Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field like Engineering with the right amount of relevant procurement experience that is needed to bring high-quality procurement to this role.
In addition, you bring the following:
- Capabilities of assessing category spend base and project management.
- Experience in working in an international environment and leading cross-function teams.
- Understanding of MRO & Capex supply markets.
- Strong negotiation skills and result-driven personality.
- Excellent interpersonal, business acumen, communication and supplier relations skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and in a matrix management style organization.
Excellent command of English and German is required. Additional language skills are a benefit.
Location: You will work from our European HQ in Amsterdam.
If you choose to respond to this listing, please do not apply on the employer’s website or through any other means. Grapefrute is contracted with this company and has direct communication with the hiring manager and HR department. When we present you as a candidate, you are considered more quickly and in more detail than when you apply on the employer’s site. Grapefrute works with transparency and integrity, and we will be your point of contact throughout the whole hiring process.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Xing Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!