ICL is a global specialty minerals and chemicals company operating potash, bromine and phosphate mineral value chains in a unique, integrated business model. ICL extracts raw materials from well-positioned mineral assets and utilizes technology and industrial know-how to add value for customers in key agricultural and industrial markets worldwide. ICL employs around 12.000 people worldwide and is active in many European countries. The European Headquarters are located in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
About the role
In this role, your goal will be to lead procurement of indirect services, strategic and sourcing activities within the Contractors sub-category including Projects and MRO, responsible for the UK & Israel and European countries. You will be working in a team of Sourcing Managers and Operational Buyers in this sub-category, your line manager, Head of Indirect Contractors and Energy.
- Actively participate in the strategic sourcing activities for the Contractors sub-category, with the goal of achieving cost reductions, while maintaining or improving service quality or vendor service levels.
- Carry outsourcing activities for Service contracts for maintenance & operations
- Identify, evaluate & select suppliers, negotiate and close framework-agreements of Global & EU region services under the Contractors sub-category.
- Maintain and develop in-depth knowledge of suppliers, markets & trends of the Contractors sub-category.
- Perform best-in-class negotiation processes via analysis of supply & demand trends;
- Establish and manage global/regional relationships with suppliers.
- Monitor the performances of vendors and their compliance with their commitments.
- Address & solve operational issues with suppliers/ Support contract management activities
- Provide guidance and guidelines to the regional/local procurement personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in the engineering field; or higher
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in contracting/ Procurement.
- Understanding of contracting services markets.
- Demonstrable track record of success in managing complex, cross-functional activities and developing/executing key procurement processes.
- Excellent command of English is required. Additional language German/ Spanish / Dutch skills are desirable.
- Strong negotiation skills and result-driven personality.
- Excellent interpersonal, business acumen, communication and supplier relations skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively, and in a matrix management style organization.
- Strategic thinker and pragmatic worker.
You will work from our European HQ in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
If you choose to respond to this listing, please do not apply on the employer’s website or through any other means. Grapefrute is contracted with this company and communicates directly with the hiring manager and HR department. When we present you as a candidate, you are considered more quickly and in more detail than when you apply on the employer’s site. Grapefrute works with transparency and integrity, and we will be your point of contact throughout the whole hiring process.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Xing Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!