OUR GROWTH IS POWERED BY PLANTS, OUR FUTURE IS POWERED BY YOU
Do you know Lätta, Rama or Becel? Do you use Sanella for baking? Then you also know Upfield!
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
The role of Europe Health and Safety Manager
We are looking for our next Europe H&S Manager that will play a key role in working with our Europe Manufacturing organization. In this role, you will report to the Global H&S Lead and be responsible for supporting the implementation of global strategies, policies, and objectives for the H&S discipline with Factory leaders in Europe, whilst working in close cooperation with local H&S specialists in Europe.
You will be the person to lead the implementation of the H&S Strategy in Europe, working with over 50% and critical Upfields’ manufacturing sites. In this role, you will cascade policies, guidelines, processes and systems and ensure they are implemented across all Upfield manufacturing sites in Europe, the Upfield office in Amsterdam and the R&D Food Center at Wageningen.
What can you expect as Europe Health and Safety Manager?
- Working with the Global H&S Lead, you will be required to facilitate and support the H&S managers in European factories to step change the current picture and achieve the overall health & safety goals.
- You will ensure effective, timely and correct reporting is accomplished using the available systems and you will ensure continuous improvement initiatives are implemented, including corrective and preventive actions based on risk assessments, safety observations, near misses, incidents, and audit outcomes.
- Working closely with the Global H&S lead, you will act as the first point of contact to Senior management in case of H&S issues & activities in Europe. Ensuring proper training of and management of H&S associates in the plants to manage operational & emergency situations.
- You will perform audits of Plants and DCs in the region to ensure confirmation of the actual status and progression of the individual locations, verifying the periodical reporting and thereby supporting mitigating risks.
- You will conduct relevant training, awareness and H&S campaigns whilst also coaching the Europe H&S specialists community, sharing best practices while being an advocate, and driver of H&S to the plant and factory directors in Europe.
- You will participate in the hiring of H&S specialists in Europe, coach and direct them while being involved in the appraisal process and as such ensure the overall development and continuity of the H&S organization.
- You will ensure adequate knowledge of the locations through the assessment of local H&S specialists, their systems, progression, and plans, and where necessary take action in close cooperation with Europe Factory directors to ensure working in line with Upfield policies or local regulations.
What is your background?
- You have 5-10 years of experience working in the H&S area and a degree in Engineering or postgraduate studies in H&S; Relevant H&S professional memberships and certifications e.g. NEBOSH, CSP, IOSH, are an added advantage.
- You are a passionate and inspiring change Leader, always striving for excellence and bringing ambitious plans to life. Good team player, patient and energized to see results amidst different setbacks. You love working in factories hence travelling to and spending time in factories is not a hindrance and going beyond the call of duty to get results is second nature.
- You are fast, agile, creative, and solution-oriented and you have a strong track record in Project Management and setting world-class manufacturing standards. Previous experience with international exposure and excellent networking skills make you feel comfortable in a multicultural matrix organization.
- You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact.
- You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career.
- Fluency in English is a must. Other languages e.g. German or Dutch are welcome.
If you choose to respond to this listing, please do not apply on the employer’s website or through any other means. Grapefrute is contracted with this company and has direct communication with the hiring manager and HR department.
When we present you as a candidate, you are considered more quickly and in more detail than when you apply on the employer’s site. Grapefrute works with transparency and integrity, and we will be your point of contact throughout the whole hiring process.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Xing Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!