Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Environmental Health and Safety Country Lead (Netherlands) will provide strategic leadership to the Netherlands and ensure oversight. In this role, you will mitigate risks at the Dutch (11 production sites) facilities and for all business-related activities in collaboration with operations and business. You will ensure full compliance and conformance to applicable environmental health and safety related local and federal regulations, company requirements and customer requirements. You will also educate production facility management, operation and business leads and ensure appropriate allocation of resources to achieve goals.
- Partner collaboratively with businesses and operations to define and review environmental health and safety plan against the needs, escalation, maintenance and resolution.
- Manage environmental health and safety supervisors in the Netherlands and oversee activities and performance to provide quality coverage.
- Identify and prioritize risks, and develop action plans to improve programs, processes and systems.
- Support environmental health and safety learning and development team to deliver learning programs.
- Coordinate with sub-regional leads to update country regulations and implications and promote continuous improvement of environmental health and safety management systems.
- Develop plans and deliver results in a fast-changing business or regulatory environment, while leading and developing a team of experienced professionals and supervisors, coaching and making decisions related to talent management hiring, performance and disciplinary actions. You will also collaborate with site managers and supervisors to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Solid working knowledge of processing industry practices and standards
- Minimum of 10 years of related work experience
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time, mainly within the Netherlands
- Could be based anywhere in the Netherlands
- Five years of supervisory experience
- Fluent in Dutch
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Xing Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!