Founded 8 years ago, Fairoils is a young and dynamic company that has experienced extensive and sustained growth. Fairoils is a leader in ethically produced essential and vegetable oils, processing raw materials grown on its own plantations and through partnerships with small-scale farming co-operatives.
Fairoils supplies ingredients to and is partnered with many internationally recognized brands that value Fairoils’ sustainable, transparent, and ethical supply chains. Many of our products are sourced via a network of over 10,000 small-scale farmers in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Madagascar. Fairoils has sister companies in Kenya and Madagascar with farms, factories, offices and colleagues spread out across the wider group. For further information on our activity please feel free to visit www.fairoils.com.
The role of Quality & Certification Coordinator
We are looking for a full-time position which will be based in our office located at Avenue de l’innovation 5, 7822 Ghislenghien, Belgium. The Belgium subsidiary is our distribution hub in Europe from where we deliver our vegetable and essential oils to customers worldwide.
The position reports to the Quality & Regulatory Affairs Director based in Kenya with a dotted line to the Belgium COO.
- Assure the activity is compliant with its ISO9001, IFS GM food, organic- and FFL certifications.
- Tasks might be:
- Product approval, based on internal and external laboratory results and on internal verification.
- Documentation reviews (procedures, specifications, …) and related training in collaboration with HR.
- Establish a monitoring plan for possible contaminants with the Kenyan & Madagascan colleagues.
- Perform quality control tasks (external & internal audits, complaints, traceability)
- Assure continuous improvement
- Assure the company’s REACH compliance.
- Support replying to product-related customer requests
- Ideally, a food industry/biosciences-related University degree or adjacent category.
- 2-5 years experience in the food or cosmetic sector, ideally in quality, food safety or certification-related topics.
- French and English, spoken and written.
Fairoils has outsourced the recruitment process to Grapefrute. Grapefrute has direct communication with the hiring manager. When we present you as a candidate, you are considered more quickly and in more detail than when you apply on the employer’s site. Grapefrute works with transparency and integrity, and we will be your point of contact throughout the whole hiring process.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Xing Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!