Business Development Manager Africa Food Specialties (m/w/d)
For this role in our ICL Food Specialties Sales team you will contribute to the ICL long-term growth plan by identifying new growth opportunities cross customers, products, and regions in Africa.
As the world population continues to grow, both consumers and suppliers are seeking more cost-effective, healthy, sustainable, and convenient food solutions. The latest food trends include alternative protein products (meat, cheese, and others), waste-free food, and ingredients that are produced in a sustainable way with a low environmental footprint. ICL (BK Giulini GmbH) is a leading global manufacturer of food additives, and solutions for the food industry, including prolonging shelf life, minimizing food waste, and more. ICL’s products are being incorporated in the latest Food-Tech solutions and are helping create a positive impact on the increasingly evolving food industry.
About the role
You will work together with the sales team in Food Specialties. We are a small team with big potential. Although everyone has their own scope, we are flexible, agile and hands-on. With the BK Giulini experience we have a strong name in the market and deep customer relations based on our technical service. We see lots of additional potential in emerging markets and need a strong business developer to support our growth targets. You can quickly add value to the team by identifying new business leads in the emerging market region. In this role you will report to the Regional Lead IMEA.
This role can work remotely from any EU country.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Support Sales team of ICL Food Specialties in the region to open and realize new business in line with the long-term plan creating sales and profitability.
• Implement and follow overall strategy including building marketing and communication plans in the region
• Develop annual budgets and contribute to five-year plan
• Provide commercial direction and leadership in concert with other functions (e.g. Legal, Purchasing).
• Enhance cross-segment and cross-BU coordination and cooperation
• Identify market, consumer and customer trends to focus R&D efforts
• Implement marketing strategies, including branding, trade show participation, literature/social media efforts and other creative ideas that you can bring to the table.
• Ensure activities are done in in compliance with all laws, regulations and the company’s Code of Conduct
• Ensure robust people development and succession planning, and other organization development systems being in place, to strengthen long-term success of the business
This is a role that needs a min of 10 years’ relevant experience in business or technical field in the Food (Technical or Process) market Africa. You have a degree in a relevant field like food science or similar combined with a business degree or knowledge like an MBA. Direct experience with a food manufacturing company or any in closely related industry is preferred.
In addition, you bring,
• Experience to influence sales- and cross-functional teams
• Hands-on ability to solve conflicts by influencing internal and external stakeholders and is not afraid of a challenge.
• Able to effectively prioritize and manage multiple-projects including sales KPI’s and responsibilities in a high pressure, fast-paced atmosphere
• Customer contacts in the African B2B market
• Excellent verbal and written negotiation, presentation and communication skills in English mandatory, other languages preferable, e.g. German, French, Arabic.
• Willing to travel, incl. on the occasional weekend as required, approx. 50
Location: Germany preferred (Ladenburg) or home-based in Europe near a major airport or in a relevant market.
We are aiming for impact. We are committed to making an impact in the worlds of food, agriculture, and industrial products, and advancing humanity for a sustainable future.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Xing Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!