The purpose of this job is
- To lead the implementation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of the site Quality Management System.
- To lead initiatives that will ensure the site is fully compliant to all global Quality and Food Safety standards.
- To act as the key site expert in Quality and Food Safety standards and processes, providing direction and support across all functions and operations.
- To support the management in case of local quality incidents.
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Implementation and maintenance of the site Quality Management System (QMS).
- Leadership of projects and initiatives that will ensure the effective operation and improvement of the site QMS.
- Engagement and training of associates from all functions in the importance and operation of the QMS,
- Development and implementation of quality management tools across functions and operations.
- Utilization of global gap assessment/management tools to create a clear roadmap to full compliance to all global Q&FS standards, and ensuring that the resources and capital required are secured and/or requirements are escalated.
- Provision of status updates on standard compliance to site, regional and global Q&FS teams.
- Lead and facilitate programmes designed to gain/maintain MARS standards and external norms compliance.
- Define and coordinate internal and external auditing programmes as a means of driving continuous improvement in site performance and compliance to standards.
- Act as an internal auditor and facilitate external auditor visits as well as hosting visits from, external regulatory authorities/bodies.
- Support and facilitate risk assessment and risk management activities across operations and functions, including change management, troubleshooting and incident management, as well as being a member of Product Related Incident Management Process (PRIMP) teams.
- Act as a gatekeeper for the assessment and approval of exceptions/concessions to standards and specifications (e.g., raw materials and packaging).
- Leadership for the definition and operation of site OPRP and HACCP systems and teams.
- Reporting and analysis of key quality metrics.
- Actively participate in regional Q&FS communities to promote the effective sharing of knowledge and experience across the PNE network and central teams.
- Support and manage projects and activities across functional boundaries (Q&FS and PPI).
What are we looking for?
- Degree level qualification in a relevant technical or scientific discipline (Food Science/Technology, Biological, Chemical sciences or similar).
- Experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment, preferably in food, beverages, petf food or other FMCG.
- Fluent in English and German languages. Being fluent in German is absolutely necessary for the role.
- Experience in leading and managing projects in an FMCG environment.
- Experience in experimental design and execution.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is a family-owned business with more than $35 billion in global sales. We produce some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, and COCOAVIA®. Alongside our consumer brands, we proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through our nutrition, health and services businesses such as Banfield Pet Hospitals™, BluePearl®, Linnaeus, AniCura, VCA™ and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire our 125,000 Associates into taking action every day towards creating the world we want tomorrow.
Are you interested in learning more about the trends and innovations in the industries we work for, check our blogs to be completely up to date, or follow us on Linkedin, Xing Twitter, Facebook & Instagram!